Warning Points System Mod - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 04:24 PM   #111
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Oh really? Then why are YOU here?
Well, I've been a participating member since w-a-y back when this was just the Board of Inquiry... the "Good Guy - Bad Guy" forum. I became a member because I felt that you provided a very useful tool to the reptile community for establishing who deserved to have my business, and who didn't. At that time, you had a very strong, almost altruistic, commitment to upholding each member's Constitutional Right to Free Speech, and were a true advocate of that right.

I continued to support this site in what I felt were my contributions to the reptile community, most specifically the Leopard Gecko community, and to glean valuable information from the contributions of the other members. I made financial contributions as well... by my sponsorship of the Leopard Gecko Forum, and as a paid "$100 Member". The BOI helped me tremendously... first when a cricket supplier's feeders poisoned my geckos and then tried to sue me over posting that inquiry; and second, when a scammer ripped me off. The BOI helped me recover that money, and I donated it to Fauna since without the collective efforts of the members I would not have recovered it.

I have had the privilege of making some of the BEST friends I could ever hope for right here on Fauna. As a disabled person who stays home to run my business, Fauna was pretty much my only source of community and socialization.... almost an extended family. I came to Fauna because I could 'hang out' with people who had common interests and ethics.

You ask why I am here. Right now, I really don't have the answer for you, Rich. Perhaps it's out of habit. Perhaps nostalgia. I can guarantee though, that is isn't because I get a charge out of seeing people hang themselves.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:05 PM   #112
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Nope, but I would know when to quit. Rich, do you honestly believe that I, or Jim, or Wes, or Mike G, or??? would have even taken the time to throw out suggestions, to analyze current proposals if we did not care? That, at the very least, should show you who truly cares about this site and who does not.

You and I have exchanged our share of PM's and you know I have a lot of respect for what you do and for what you have gone through. I also fully know that the benefits of running this site are probably dwarfed by the headaches received. But, if you don't want to hear the opinions of others then maybe it's you that needs to take a break. When people have something they care about they don't throw the towel in. But they WILL speak up loudly when mistakes are being made.

The walls won't cave in. The ceiling is not tumbling down. And Fauna will live to see another day. But, I had never, prior to yesterday, had to wonder what the motives were of those in power. I now have about 43 people in which to be curious about. Only time will tell.

Griz
So tell me, what exactly do you think you would see posted here from certain factions if I just ignored all the questions and comments, hmmm? Go ahead, take a wild guess at it.......

Old 01-22-2007, 05:05 PM   #113
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Ashton
I think that number is down to 42.
Yes, that is correct. One of the forum mods got himself on the wrong end of a BOI thread............

Old 01-22-2007, 05:09 PM   #114
Griz
Quote:
So tell me, what exactly do you think you would see posted here from certain factions if I just ignored all the questions and comments, hmmm? Go ahead, take a wild guess at it.......
Rich, I reckon not even you can answer that since you've never given it a try. There's a reason why most of the forum owners lay low. You've chosen to take an active part in this community, which I can understand why, but you did so knowing there was a downside.

Griz

Old 01-22-2007, 05:13 PM   #115
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Yes, that is correct. One of the forum mods got himself on the wrong end of a BOI thread............
Oh, I wasn't counting him.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:25 PM   #116
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
Well, I've been a participating member since w-a-y back when this was just the Board of Inquiry... the "Good Guy - Bad Guy" forum. I became a member because I felt that you provided a very useful tool to the reptile community for establishing who deserved to have my business, and who didn't. At that time, you had a very strong, almost altruistic, commitment to upholding each member's Constitutional Right to Free Speech, and were a true advocate of that right.

I continued to support this site in what I felt were my contributions to the reptile community, most specifically the Leopard Gecko community, and to glean valuable information from the contributions of the other members. I made financial contributions as well... by my sponsorship of the Leopard Gecko Forum, and as a paid "$100 Member". The BOI helped me tremendously... first when a cricket supplier's feeders poisoned my geckos and then tried to sue me over posting that inquiry; and second, when a scammer ripped me off. The BOI helped me recover that money, and I donated it to Fauna since without the collective efforts of the members I would not have recovered it.

I have had the privilege of making some of the BEST friends I could ever hope for right here on Fauna. As a disabled person who stays home to run my business, Fauna was pretty much my only source of community and socialization.... almost an extended family. I came to Fauna because I could 'hang out' with people who had common interests and ethics.

You ask why I am here. Right now, I really don't have the answer for you, Rich. Perhaps it's out of habit. Perhaps nostalgia. I can guarantee though, that is isn't because I get a charge out of seeing people hang themselves.
Then if I may be so bold to ask, why then to you almost invariably encourage those members taking potshots at me by giving them postive karma for those pot shots? I do monitor such things you know... One of your latest comments giving positive karma to a member is:

Quote:
[Fauna IS a circus!!! LOL!]
Obviously Marcia, you are making your own little contributions to the drama here...... Aren't you handing out your own little piece of rope with such actions? Egging people on to publicly wrap that rope around their necks with the little karma incentives you give?

And yes, I do recall making a special effort to try to keep you from being sued in that cricket problem years ago. Acted as a intermediary to try to smooth things over. Yes, things WERE quite different back then. I thought all the good guys were on my side and fully supportive of what the BOI was intended to do. Now, the distinction between "good guy" and "bad guy" has become rather indistinct to me.... Guess I have seen far too many instances of self interest flipping one from one side to the other as circumstances dictate. Perhaps I have just lost that naivete I used to have back then and become more practical and realistic about some things.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:27 PM   #117
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Rich, I reckon not even you can answer that since you've never given it a try. There's a reason why most of the forum owners lay low. You've chosen to take an active part in this community, which I can understand why, but you did so knowing there was a downside.

Griz
Obviously there are down sides to everything. I think that much as pretty much been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. The choice was to be active within this site and try to encourage discourse in it's developement. Or be viewed as the aloof uncaring ivory tower land lord. I doubt either one would have been "best".

Old 01-22-2007, 05:31 PM   #118
Wilomn
You know Rich, you end almost every post you make by saying no matter what you do someone would have been dissatisfied.

You state in many of those posts that you are no longer concerned with what the members think.

I'm kind of confused. IF you don't care, then why do you care?

It's a serious question.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #119
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
You know Rich, you end almost every post you make by saying no matter what you do someone would have been dissatisfied.

You state in many of those posts that you are no longer concerned with what the members think.

I'm kind of confused. IF you don't care, then why do you care?

It's a serious question.
I guess it is just a personality flaw, Wes. I think we all have them....

I just feel compelled to answer questions, I guess, and try to correct errors or misconceptions about things..... Otherwise, surely some people would think that a misstatement made by someone else would HAVE to be the truth and accurate because it was NOT corrected....

Old 01-22-2007, 05:46 PM   #120
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webslave
Then if I may be so bold to ask, why then to you almost invariably encourage those members taking potshots at me by giving them postive karma for those pot shots? I do monitor such things you know... One of your latest comments giving positive karma to a member is:

Quote:
Fauna IS a circus!!! LOL!
Quote:
Obviously Marcia, you are making your own little contributions to the drama here...... Aren't you handing out your own little piece of rope with such actions? Egging people on to publicly wrap that rope around their necks with the little karma incentives you give?
Rich, sometimes Fauna IS like a circus. I gave a member positive karma for saying it because I got a chuckle out of the comment. I did not post it publicly on any of the forum threads because I still have some respect for Fauna members. How is that adding to the drama? How would it be my fault if someone chooses to hang themselves?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread