Warning Points System Mod - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 05:53 PM   #121
Chameleon Company
For what its worth, I would have to say that taking the karma snippets than many of us write, and then either selectively bringing one here, or referring to any collectively so as to impart a characterization of something not intended for public display, is just bad form. Is it too difficult to just play the cards on the table ?

Old 01-22-2007, 06:34 PM   #122
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
Rich, sometimes Fauna IS like a circus. I gave a member positive karma for saying it because I got a chuckle out of the comment. I did not post it publicly on any of the forum threads because I still have some respect for Fauna members. How is that adding to the drama? How would it be my fault if someone chooses to hang themselves?
Yeah, right. You don't seriously expect anyone to believe that such actions are not contributing to the drama, now do you?

What do you suppose the average person getting such encouragement is going to think, Marcia? That it is OK to belittle this site and/or myself because other members are giving them incentive via positive karma points for doing so? This really isn't a tough concept, and it is something I addressed to you before, so it's not like you don't know what you are doing. I have privately called you down on this before, and I am now doing it publicly, since the private warning about your actions obviously left no impression on you. If I have to "nuke" your karma points in order to stop this sort of subterfuge, I most certainly will. I have no control over what you may say of a derogatory nature towards me or this site on other sites, but HERE I most certainly do.

I do monitor such things, which I have fully disclosed here many times, and I will use such things to make a point that needs making. If someone has the expectation of privacy while they try to use any portion of this site in order to try to undermine it or me, they are just sadly mistaken.

I know you have insurmountable issues with me and this site, Marcia, and quite certainly self interest brings you here. You are welcome to do so, but the antagonism, even thinly veiled or behind the scenes has to stop. If that is impossible for you to do, then please consider what your self interest for being here is worth to you. Quite frankly, I just am not inclined to have people try to use this site for their own advantage on one hand, but on the other, take steps to try to undermine it with their actions.

And please don't try the innocence card on me. We BOTH know better.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:40 PM   #123
KelliH
Quote:
For what its worth, I would have to say that taking the karma snippets than many of us write, and then either selectively bringing one here, or referring to any collectively so as to impart a characterization of something not intended for public display, is just bad form. Is it too difficult to just play the cards on the table ?
It sometimes makes me apprehensive to leave positive karma on certain posts I might have in the past because I am afraid that it may be used against me later.

Rich, I still have faith in the BOI. I think it has, in most instances, worked in it's intended manner. Whoever it was that said Fauna is a circus is partially correct, at times it IS that. I should know, I've been the main attraction in one of the rings, and it wasn't pleasant at all. The circus atmosphere is in truth what attracts many people to the site; they are curious to see what the "flavor of the week" is. To some extent Fauna has always been that way. If that is ok with you then so be it. Judging by your previous remarks to Marcia about the positive karma she gave another member though, it would seem that you are NOT happy with the circus type atmosphere. If this is the case then you and only you have the power to change it.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:58 PM   #124
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
It sometimes makes me apprehensive to leave positive karma on certain posts I might have in the past because I am afraid that it may be used against me later.

Rich, I still have faith in the BOI. I think it has, in most instances, worked in it's intended manner. Whoever it was that said Fauna is a circus is partially correct, at times it IS that. I should know, I've been the main attraction in one of the rings, and it wasn't pleasant at all. The circus atmosphere is in truth what attracts many people to the site; they are curious to see what the "flavor of the week" is. To some extent Fauna has always been that way. If that is ok with you then so be it. Judging by your previous remarks to Marcia about the positive karma she gave another member though, it would seem that you are NOT happy with the circus type atmosphere. If this is the case then you and only you have the power to change it.
No Kelli, it is the intent of usage of the karma system that is the problem. The snippet I used as evidence is MUCH tamer than others I could have used. But I think it is sufficient to prove my point without undue "drama".

I wish it were otherwise, but Marcia still apparently has a chip on her shoulder about me and this site. I'm not sure if it is fixable, but certainly I am not going to allow her to abuse me or it by her subterfuge. And if anyone else can wear those shoes, then this is fair warning.

I have always welcomed discussion and dissenting opinions, but there is a limit to the WAY it should be presented and a point beyond where any reasonable person would consider such as being "constructive". If someone is so unhappy with me and/or this site that they feel the necessity of engaging in such efforts, then please, just leave. We will both live happily ever after then. I do not want you here trying to further poison any efforts I may make to try to make things better, or attempt to damage what good that can actually come from this site. If you cannot control such urgings, then I really don't want you here. And no, I am not so blind that I cannot see that this is exactly the reason some people are here.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:10 PM   #125
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Yeah, right. You don't seriously expect anyone to believe that such actions are not contributing to the drama, now do you?
You're right, Rich. I will not contribute to this 'drama' by posting on this thread again. I've already been nuked by you, and it's something I really don't want to go through again.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:54 PM   #126
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Rich, I reckon not even you can answer that since you've never given it a try. There's a reason why most of the forum owners lay low. You've chosen to take an active part in this community, which I can understand why, but you did so knowing there was a downside.

Griz
Well OK, maybe you are right. I think I am going to give this a try. At least on the public side of this site. I'm reaching for the Excedrin bottle again, and I certainly don't need that.

Over and out.....

Old 01-23-2007, 10:56 PM   #127
Dream
It's very quite on here tonight. can't we all just get along? life is to short for all this fussing.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:04 PM   #128
SoulSmilen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream
It's very quite on here tonight. can't we all just get along? life is to short for all this fussing.
Quiet IS getting along!

:: sings :: (Rock the boat) Don't rock the boat, Baby! (Rock the boat) Don't tip the boat over...

Old 01-23-2007, 11:13 PM   #129
Dragondad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSmilen
Quiet IS getting along!

:: sings :: (Rock the boat) Don't rock the boat, Baby! (Rock the boat) Don't tip the boat over...

great now I am going to have that in my head for the next day and a half.....

Old 01-23-2007, 11:22 PM   #130
Dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondad
great now I am going to have that in my head for the next day and a half.....

Yeah cool huh?..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread