Warning Points System Mod - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 10:27 AM   #141
Chameleon Company
Quote:
The words of Wes:
It's not my fault your pecadillos are public knowledge and as such are fair game.

You're the one who VIOLATED your marriage vows. You're the one who got someone else to VIOLATE hers. Then, rocket scientist that you must surely be in your real life, YOU got caught.

Is it only me who is curious about your morals? Your ethics? Your lies?
I believe that the answer would be "Yes".

As for those worried about one-sided "dings" here, get a grip. Where are the "others" entrusted with these powers ? There's your problem. If I were Dand, reading the continued drivel of Wes, I would ding that fool back to the stone-age. Appeal to the others to come and administer more dings if it bothers you so much ! Why haven't they evaluated the above exchanges as worthy of the dung heap and worn out their ding buttons ? No balls ? Or they approve ? Does anyone feel that Wes' above posts have merit ? Stand up and be counted as the equally stupid then.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:32 AM   #142
shrap
So much of this site has turned into such a waste. Just kill off everything but the BOI and the Classifieds Rich.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:47 AM   #143
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
I believe that the answer would be "Yes".

As for those worried about one-sided "dings" here, get a grip. Where are the "others" entrusted with these powers ? There's your problem. If I were Dand, reading the continued drivel of Wes, I would ding that fool back to the stone-age. Appeal to the others to come and administer more dings if it bothers you so much ! Why haven't they evaluated the above exchanges as worthy of the dung heap and worn out their ding buttons ? No balls ? Or they approve ? Does anyone feel that Wes' above posts have merit ? Stand up and be counted as the equally stupid then.
Jim, this has been going on too long. Dand and Wes have been going at it from way back when. Why should I, or anyone else jump in the middle?

IMO, if you keep picking at a bad dog, he is going to bite you. Dand chose this path, I will not support his actions.

So lets not act like this just started, it has been going on for a long time.

I will not issue warnings to Wes, based on this. Dand chose this battle long ago. JMHO.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:57 AM   #144
Cat_72
Once again, Jim is missing the whole point here.

Whether or not Wes's posts "have merit", there are other posts of equal caliber that Dand is choosing not to "ding"....and simply focusing on Wes. Part of the responsibility of being a moderator should be to hand out the "dings" equally and in an unbiased manner....which obviously is not the case here.

If one wanted to be picky, there's one on Jim for calling Wes stupid. Spose Dand will ding him? It would only be fair. Then asking the other mods if they "Have no balls"? That sounds pretty antagonistic.....that could be another "ding". But I bet you won't see it.......

Old 01-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #145
Cat_72
Sorry, Bobby....gotta spread my Karma around some more, I guess....

Old 01-29-2007, 11:27 AM   #146
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Sorry, Bobby....gotta spread my Karma around some more, I guess....
Yes Cat, but I don't. Here ya go Bobbo...

Griz

Old 01-29-2007, 11:28 AM   #147
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Yes Cat, but I don't. Here ya go Bobbo...

Griz

Old 01-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #148
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
So much of this site has turned into such a waste. Just kill off everything but the BOI and the Classifieds Rich.
When the frustration finally builds to that level (and sometimes it seems inevitable), can I have a couple day's advance notice to save a few things? Too many times in the past I have deeply regretted not archiving content from sites that have exploded, imploded or broken down by the side of the interweb super highway. I really miss not having copies of times like... when Ian tried to correct Tanith Tyrr with her own website... or when Brett Garadin got into the middle of a debate when and if feeding live prey was an acceptable method for extreme situations and proved that he had no idea how a microwave oven worked (Microwaves and sound waves are both non-ionizing radiation, although they are about as far apart as it's possible to be while maintaining that common aspect- he thought that microwaves used sound waves and that the hum was what cooked your food. I laughed until it hurt). Fauna's got a few of those posts too (autonomized iguana tail put back on with masking tape anyone? Anyone? Bueller?) and it'd be a shame to lose them forever.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:45 AM   #149
Chameleon Company
Seems we have some cranium in aft-end issues here

Quote:
Cat writes:
Whether or not Wes's posts "have merit", there are other posts of equal caliber that Dand is choosing not to "ding"....and simply focusing on Wes. Part of the responsibility of being a moderator should be to hand out the "dings" equally and in an unbiased manner....which obviously is not the case here.

If one wanted to be picky, there's one on Jim for calling Wes stupid. Spose Dand will ding him? It would only be fair. Then asking the other mods if they "Have no balls"? That sounds pretty antagonistic.....that could be another "ding". But I bet you won't see it.......
Then let other mod's ding appropriately. Is it so difficult to comprehend that David would show a preference to ding where the antagonism was aimed at him ? If there is a "responsibility to being a moderator", then let them all sing with their ding buttons here! Antagonism towards a moderator is a direct violation of Rich's new rules. David was completely appropriate in his actions. Blast away David.

If someone wants to "get picky" and ding me for calling Wes stupid, there's nothing stopping them ... except maybe the rules ... Ooooops ! As pointed out earlier, the standard is being "overly abusive towards another member", as some abuse is allowed. Its the judgement call of being "overly abusive". Heck, maybe someone can ding me, and then I can start posting about their personal life and past transgressions too ! Heck, we can make it a party !

Quote:
Bobby writes:
IMO, if you keep picking at a bad dog, he is going to bite you. Dand chose this path, I will not support his actions.
So lets not act like this just started, it has been going on for a long time.
You can act however you choose. In my book, just because a certain display of stupidity has longevity ............. its still stupidity from start to finish, and all points in between.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:46 AM   #150
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
When the frustration finally builds to that level (and sometimes it seems inevitable), can I have a couple day's advance notice to save a few things? Too many times in the past I have deeply regretted not archiving content from sites that have exploded, imploded or broken down by the side of the interweb super highway. I really miss not having copies of times like... when Ian tried to correct Tanith Tyrr with her own website... or when Brett Garadin got into the middle of a debate when and if feeding live prey was an acceptable method for extreme situations and proved that he had no idea how a microwave oven worked (Microwaves and sound waves are both non-ionizing radiation, although they are about as far apart as it's possible to be while maintaining that common aspect- he thought that microwaves used sound waves and that the hum was what cooked your food. I laughed until it hurt). Fauna's got a few of those posts too (autonomized iguana tail put back on with masking tape anyone? Anyone? Bueller?) and it'd be a shame to lose them forever.
Not going to happen..... I can just walk away from this and leave it on autopilot and just drop on it when it pleases me to do so. At that point, there really would be no downside to me handling it that way at all. As it is now, I'm glad to see "WebSlave" style duties being handled by others. And I do have to admit it is humorous to read those "bias" claims being directed at someone else for a change. That seems to be the most common response to ANY moderation done here...... But I think my, er WebSlave's, feelings on that topic are pretty well known by now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread