Warning Points System Mod - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 11:36 AM   #191
KelliH
Quote:
Who needs TV when there's THIS!!!
Personally Marcia, I would prefer to watch Looney Tunes, although Fauna is a close second.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:31 PM   #192
dragonflyreptiles
I guess a lot has been going on, too bad I don't have the time nor need to add any drama to my life at this time. I had enough drama in my personal life the last couple of years to last me a life time. I just want to focus on my family and friends and I mean true friends not the so and so's.

Yes, there have been times that I have needed all of this drama and anger to keep me going but that must have been when I was really unhappy and needed something to be a part of and something (or someone to take it out on) and that made me be a part of it all.

I guess at 37 its about time I grow up and find myself and the things that I need for me, ME and MY family!

Its not funny anymore, at least not to me, Im not so much on tearing people down and slapping this one for that and the other for that anymore, it was fun while I was addicted to it but man leaving an addiction is a good thing, don't ya think! I was addicted to being a "butt" and it was allowed, then it wasn't, then you get points, then you don't. What's next?

We all have opinions its either freedom of speech no matter how you say it or not. Its really that simple, so point a few for saying ass instead of butt or whatever, its all the same thing in the end and nothing changes things that have already happened. Ever!

PS I like my new Direct TV I have 155 or so channels to choose from and very few are drama only.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:14 AM   #193
mcgrath5860
? about points being dinged on.

Now I am not be very bright like the moderator tried to infer by his little memo he gave me about the description of the reason why I received my warning, but I have an honest question. How many points can one be assessed for the same post and can different moderators continue to assess warning points after another moderator has done this. I guess I found out the hard way that using *** in place of letters you can still be assessed points for profanity. That part I can take my beating on but to continually be spanked by different moderators for the same crime, doesn't double jeopardy apply at all. Im not sure but I think maybe it could be that I came in support of an illustrious member who tends to go outside the lines but I don't feel like I was that out of line. I was on here for 6 months or so before I made my first post, outside of responding to sellers, and the reason being I did not want become involved in this soap opera. I tried very hard to keep people on the up and up about the reason for this forum but I got tired of seeing a member come to this forum and antagonizing another member and the moderators not penalizing him at all. I was a member of the other forum and witnessed the damage he created and then he came here again and tried to start it all over. So i stepped up to the plate but I also should have realized that one of the newly appointed moderators has an issue with this person and since I backed him guess who was the first to ding me about my post. People need to realize that when they are placed in positions of authority and evaluation they have to set their personal feelings aside. I do it everyday in my profession. This post is not to antagonize the moderators or anyone else but I think I raise some valid questions and I am not the only member that has said anything. Rich I think this is a wonderful medium but I am not sure some of the underlings are getting you message or may bea little overbearing in their use of warning points. (I know I will probably get penalized for this and if that is the case well I will not post on any of the BOI again. Obviously the members may not be able to question any of the uses of this forum).

Old 02-02-2007, 02:25 AM   #194
DThomas
Read the first post in the linked thread. It should answer most of your questions. You were only dinged once by a Site Moderator. Your other ding was by a member.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=94060

Old 02-02-2007, 03:39 AM   #195
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath5860
Now I am not be very bright like the moderator tried to infer by his little memo he gave me about the description of the reason why I received my warning, but I have an honest question. How many points can one be assessed for the same post and can different moderators continue to assess warning points after another moderator has done this. I guess I found out the hard way that using *** in place of letters you can still be assessed points for profanity. That part I can take my beating on but to continually be spanked by different moderators for the same crime, doesn't double jeopardy apply at all. Im not sure but I think maybe it could be that I came in support of an illustrious member who tends to go outside the lines but I don't feel like I was that out of line. I was on here for 6 months or so before I made my first post, outside of responding to sellers, and the reason being I did not want become involved in this soap opera. I tried very hard to keep people on the up and up about the reason for this forum but I got tired of seeing a member come to this forum and antagonizing another member and the moderators not penalizing him at all. I was a member of the other forum and witnessed the damage he created and then he came here again and tried to start it all over. So i stepped up to the plate but I also should have realized that one of the newly appointed moderators has an issue with this person and since I backed him guess who was the first to ding me about my post. People need to realize that when they are placed in positions of authority and evaluation they have to set their personal feelings aside. I do it everyday in my profession. This post is not to antagonize the moderators or anyone else but I think I raise some valid questions and I am not the only member that has said anything. Rich I think this is a wonderful medium but I am not sure some of the underlings are getting you message or may bea little overbearing in their use of warning points. (I know I will probably get penalized for this and if that is the case well I will not post on any of the BOI again. Obviously the members may not be able to question any of the uses of this forum).
There is no limitation on how many members with the ability to assess warning points can "ding" you. That is the reason that I made the suspension level so high. The more people here with that ability, the more likely it will happen, even accidentally. But the more offensive the post to more people, the more likely it is that multiple warning points will result.

In the context of what you wrote, profanity is profanity regardless of the words around it nor the opinion or target of the rest of the post. Some threads by and about some particular members may be monitored more closely than others, therefore a rule infraction in them will likely get more attention as well.

The reason for the "little memo" is because nine times out of ten, someone getting a warning point will fire back a private message asking "Why?". So the text is an effort to head off that pm before it happens.

As for the mods being overbearing, sorry, I disagree. There is no doubt in my mind that you did use profanity in your post, and as such any and all warning points you get for it are certainly justified.

As for your comments in the parenthesis at the end of you post, blowing off steam because someone was blatantly caught violating a rule here is not at all unusual. And thank you for giving us a public example of exactly what is the rule here, rather than the exception, when someone gets a JUSTIFIED warning assessed.

Now, normally the next step is for the person getting the warning point to scour this site looking for someone else who may have done the same thing WITHOUT getting a warning so they can cry "BIAS!" against them....

The solution is quite simple, really. Don't violate the rules and you don't run the risk of getting warning points.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:16 AM   #196
mcgrath5860
You are exactly right

Rich since we have created a NAZI state then the nazis will rat out the infidels. If you read your own posts within this thread #21, #87 you used the same word that i was dinged for yet you do not have any negative points. Posts #134, #136 are clear violations of antagonizing another member but nothing was done. Post #141 the usage of a male body part and the antagonism listed towards the moderators were clearly stated. Post #101 but one of the moderators the use of profanity. Nothing done on all these accounts. Well I referee basketball and if its a founl on one end of the court it better be a foul on the other. Also you need to read the little memo you DR. Owens sent me. What he inferred is worthy of some investigation. One day I will meet this gentlemen and we will speak about our backgrounds and our knowledge of this reptile world and find out where the stupid person really lies. I am hoping I run into him at a reptile show soon. Rich read some of my previous posts I have done nothing but support you in your endeavor and tried to stop any futher demise of it but some of the individuals that you have turned this over to need some lessons in professionalism. They have got this Irishman's blood aboilin. The beast has been release and yes I will police others actions like I have in the past but much like WWII eventually someone ended in the gas chambers. Hopefully it won't be this site. I do have e better understanding of how Wes gets worked up because some people on here play to many games, push buttons and don't seem to be penalized on it. Now you can PM and we will speak about this but until my last post you will not find I have posted anything negative on this site and thats got my dander up even more.

PS... Does using the acronym "LMAO" count as profanity?

Old 02-02-2007, 04:26 AM   #197
mcgrath5860
MR.Thomas

It response to your post. So what you are saying is with 41 people having the capability to assess points and all 41 read it and profanity it 2 points. If my Southern Illinois math works right that would be 82 points for one post possible. If you are only allowed 300 before being suspended or banned that not such a large gap is it? Then you have to pay money to be allowed back on huh? Maybe Griz wasn't completely off in his logic after all HMMMMMMMMM food for thought

Old 02-02-2007, 06:33 AM   #198
varnyard
Quote:
It response to your post. So what you are saying is with 41 people having the capability to assess points and all 41 read it and profanity it 2 points. If my Southern Illinois math works right that would be 82 points for one post possible. If you are only allowed 300 before being suspended or banned that not such a large gap is it? Then you have to pay money to be allowed back on huh? Maybe Griz wasn't completely off in his logic after all HMMMMMMMMM food for thought
Michael, I doubt you need worry about all 41 hitting you with warning points at one time. It is as Rich stated, don't break the rules and you will not have any worries. Things can be worded without the need to use profanity. Just think before you hit the submit button. JMHO.

Old 02-02-2007, 06:35 AM   #199
DAND
Quote:
So i stepped up to the plate but I also should have realized that one of the newly appointed moderators has an issue with this person and since I backed him guess who was the first to ding me about my post.
Michael,

Maybe I am misunderstanding what is quoted above but it kind of seems like you are implying it was me. Strange how not 12 hours earlier you stated this in the PM you sent to me:

02-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Plus how many times can a poster be dinged? Dr. Owens already got me two hours before.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:41 AM   #200
kmurphy
Michael, It is pretty simple really. Calling someone a name, whether disguised or not, is still the same. Everyone knows you can use the same word in two different context and one will be considered swearing and the other not, just as non-swear words can be used derogatorily. So it is not the word as much as it is the intent. You've got 494 points to go.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread