My First Beardie - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-28-2007, 05:29 PM   #131
harmonysmom
Toby is going to be a BAT for Halloween. I'm in the process of making his costume now. I want it thick enough so he stays warm (only going to have him out for the first half hour or so) and he's also going to have a small trick or treat bag (I'm going to fill it with his dragon bites...hee hee) It's going to be adorable!

I'll take pictures when I put his costume on him and post them.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:06 PM   #132
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber!

Oh Toby is going to be a bat for Halloween? THAT, you absolutely have to take a picture of for me. How cute. I wonder what his reaction will be?
He is going trick or treating with you? Maybe his trick or treat bag will be full of dragon bites & candy!
He will really look like a dragon with wings! That should look cool. I hope he is cooperative! LOL

Tracie

Old 09-30-2007, 10:29 AM   #133
harmonysmom
Oh wow, a dragon, you know, as bad as this is going to sound, I never thought of that! That's too funny. Well, I guess I could do that too...

He shed again. This time his underbelly and neck shed too. Not sure if they ever did before, but it's the first time I've ever seen it. He's knocking over his stacking stones anymore. I guess he's too big for them now. But we got him another vine, so he stays on those two.

Is it normal that he buries himself between the stacking rocks and sand to sleep at night? I'm so used to him sleeping on the leaves or hanging on the "wall" and sleeping with his head resting on the top part of it. But lately, since the last time I took him outside, he doesn't sleep up there anymore. He still climbs up there during the day when he's not on his vine, but not sleeping. At first thought, I was thinking maybe he was too big, but when I saw him up there later the next day, that went out the door. Now my only idea to why he's sleeping there now is because maybe it's still warm from when the basking light was on? The only thing that makes sense to me really.

So a dragon, hmm....I might change my idea...good thing I hadn't started on the wings yet. :P

Old 09-30-2007, 11:34 PM   #134
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber!

Yeah, he might look really cool with wings like that! LOL
Great that his belly & beard shed, he must be getting a beardie belly then! LOL
That is completely normal for him to want to sleep between his stacking rocks, especially if they are still warm. He is outgrowing his tank decor now? Are you going to use the same vines in his new tank?
I am so happy he seems to be doing so well now!

Tracie

Old 10-01-2007, 09:25 AM   #135
harmonysmom
Yes, the two vines I have for him will be used in the new tank. They are pretty big, almost too big for the tank he's in now. I might be able to find a use for his stacking rocks too in the long run, not sure though. But yup, he's getting too big for his decor.

I think I have hubby talked into building his new tank now...so we'll see.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #136
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber!

So your hubby is getting all setup for his new project! LOL
Well, at least Toby has enough stuff to climb on though, the vines will be alot of fun for him to hang & climb on. I am sure that he is starting to outgrow everything though!
Glad that he is doing so well!

Tracie

Old 10-03-2007, 01:24 PM   #137
harmonysmom
Well, I MIGHT not build anymore. My cousin just called me and told me about this store that has a 75-whatever gallon tank FULLY set up, including the mister and yadda yadda, and included with it is another beardie, about Toby's size, all for $150....so I MIGHT be able to talk hubby into doing that instead because it's WAY cheaper than building or buying a new tank and decorations! The tank up there is set up so the dragon they have can grow into it and not need anything changed. So I'm excited and hoping I can get it.

They also sell their crickets for $0.90 per 12 crickets medium size. And their worms are all fairly cheap too. I'm paying $0.02 per cricket any size, so the crickets I have better deal on, but the worms so far, can't beat that from what I've seen. I'll have my answer by sometime tonight hopefully on if I can get him or not. YAY!

Old 10-03-2007, 10:57 PM   #138
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber!

Are you going to put Toby in with another dragon? If so, that is not a good idea!
They will each need their own tank. Toby is male so there is no way he can be housed with another dragon, it just doesn't work.
Sorry!
Did you decide to get the other dragon though yet?
So what would you do for Toby? Don't forget, you still need to get a UVB light for him for the winter.
Let me know what you decide.

Tracie

Old 10-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #139
harmonysmom
I decided not to get the other dragon. The tank he was going to come in is a 50 gallon, and granted I have read, and been told by MANY that a 50 gallon is big enough, but I don't want to do that.

No, I wasn't going to house them in the same tank. Maybe next to each other, but not in the same tank.

Yeah, I'll be ordering the UVB light this Saturday hopefully. If not, then by next Saturday. Our weather has decided to stay in the upper 80's again this coming week. So, he's been getting outside more.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:01 PM   #140
Drache613
Hello

Hello Amber!

Good you weren't going to house them together. I kind of figured you weren't going to but thought I would mention it anyway.
Well, a 50 gallon isn't all that big. I don't blame you for not wanting to keep the other dragon in it. I agree, I personally don't think they are large enough either.
So you decided not to get it right now? Did your husband want to get him, too?
Lucky your weather is holding out right now so Toby gets his sunlight outside. It seems to be working right now. That is great.
Hope all is well with you.

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!