Need HELP with feeding bp!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
mustangrstreet
Need HELP with feeding bp!!

Ok so i got 7 snakes 4 days ago and I tryed feeding them yesterday and none of them showed interest. So i tryed today just thinking that they werent hungry maybe but the same thing happen. Do you think maybe i should try feeding them frozen mice?? Please help me out.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #2
RJK890
Quote:
Quote mustangstreet:
Ok so i got 7 snakes 4 days ago and I tryed feeding them yesterday and none of them showed interest. So i tryed today just thinking that they werent hungry maybe but the same thing happen. Do you think maybe i should try feeding them frozen mice?? Please help me out.
Take it easy! You only got them four days ago, tried feeding them yesterday and they showed no interest, so you tried feeding them today...
Let them settle in for at least a week to ten days before attempting to feed them again. They are probably STRESSED OUT.

Make sure that they have clean water, a secure hide, temps are good, and leave them alone!
After they have settled in, it would be best to offer them whatever they were eating before you got them for a meal or two before trying to convert them to what is best for you.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
mustangrstreet
ok. i didnt really think about leaving them alone to get use to there surrondings. but deff ill try that out and thank you.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangrstreet View Post
ok. i didnt really think about leaving them alone to get use to there surrondings. but deff ill try that out and thank you.

Get a couple of books (research the word "ball pythons"). There's a whole lot to be learned about them and it's a good idea for you to have a readily available resource and use experienced breeders and reinforcement, and back up to explain what you don't understand.

Finding out what you need to KNOW is easier.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:45 PM   #5
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

I agree, books are a good tool to use for reference so I recommend getting one to help you out with overall knowledge of Ball Pythons.
Also, keep in mind, that they they may have eaten a few days prior to being shipped out as well. So that could be another reason why they are not hungry, too.
They will take a week or two in order to settle in & get used to their tank & their surroundings.
Good luck, & enjoy your snakes.

Tracie

Old 10-14-2008, 09:35 PM   #6
SPJ
Are they housed individually or communally?

Old 10-14-2008, 10:15 PM   #7
mustangrstreet
some are put in 3 in a 20 gal and 2 babies in a 10 gal.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #8
SPJ
That might be one of the problems. Keeping them together can cause stress. Stress causes BP's to refuse to eat.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:31 PM   #9
Jerry_c_62
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
That might be one of the problems. Keeping them together can cause stress. Stress causes BP's to refuse to eat.
Try, as best you can to seperate them. Also, it is a good idea to start them with what they were eating before. I have worked with a couple of my animals for a year and a half to get them to switch to what I wanted. It takes some time but it can be done. But they must eat something between now and then.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:19 PM   #10
SPJ
What are the temps (hot side - cool side)?
What substrate are you using?
How many (if any) hides are in there and how large are they?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!