Chris Allen coming back??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-04-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
GottaLuvHerps
Chris Allen coming back???

I read over on the KS forums when I have exhausted myself on the BOI, and it looks like the infamous Chris Allen is back on the boards! He even mentions maybe coming back into dragons, asking about what people want to see. Could this be a sign? How cool would that be???

Kelly Kordek

Old 06-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
Valley Dragons
I read that too! cool!

Jamie

Old 06-04-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
Beardiepal
Tell me about Chris Allen. I don't want to sound like an idiot...have heard of him...but tell me something about him....Take good care, Beth

Old 06-05-2008, 08:06 AM   #4
GottaLuvHerps
Beth, Chris Allen is the guy who is famed for bringing us the red dragons. He worked very hard to bring out some of the most intense and beautiful reds you will ever see. He went out of breeding a few years ago to focus on his family, but apparently the bug has gotten him again. You will even still see his name on a lot of red dragons (CA red x something), although the lines have been blurred a little on what is true CA red lines and not.
I just think it would be cool for someone with such a big name to come back around and start giving us some other cool stuff. Although it is funny watching him ask questions about the genetics of hypos and such.

Kelly

Old 06-05-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
Beardiepal
Thanks Kelly...a legend in the beardie world making a come back..that would be pretty cool...B

Old 06-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #6
chris allen
It was tough getting out of dragons in the first place.....I really had a ton of fun breeding and dealing with all the awesome people out there(really there were not many a$$es at all), even my wife got into it and when we first met she thought I was crazy and any reptile was disguisting.

But, for now........I still dont have any dragons. Not even a reptile. I will get back into breeding one day. It might not be now, maybe not even 5 years from now, but I will eventually have dragons again. They are THE coolest pet reptile you could have bar none.

It really is funny that so much can change. In 4 or 5 years there are morphs out there I never heard of. Hypo pastels were available when I had dragons, I had a nice little group of them myself, and marketed leucistics were out. I dont remember any translucents, smoothies, silkbacks, leatherbacks, belgium anything.....etc, lol. Some of the dragons out now look absolutely stunning.

Thanks for the kind words,
Chris

Old 06-07-2008, 10:47 PM   #7
Beardiepal
I have to say Chris that I am a hobbyist...started on Repticzone with Heartmountain...after a very unfortunate circumstance that involved my 5th grade son...two baby beardies he got for good grades...I have to say he lost interest...I took over...Lucy started laying eggs from Leo...and then I researched and here I am now...still a hobbyist...perhaps 5-8 clutches a year..6 adult dragons who I love and 30 babies this year and 2 more clutches to hatch..you are right when you you say beardies are AWESOME....they are MAGNIFICENT...I have heard of you and your dragons...I really have to say I did not not know you were out of breeding & out of raising dragons...I just feel very fortunate to be able to say hello and I am so very glad to meet you...I know this is unusual but I have to say, so very nice to meet you Chris...Take good care Beth

Old 06-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #8
chris allen
Thanks Beth. Since I have been young........its always been different animals, pets, etc.........but always reptiles. You name it, and I have had them(and probably tried to breed them also, from boas and pythons to colubrids, and all types of lizards), but beardies are so very unique and attract so many people. So that unfortunate situation turned out for the better, because here you are! What exactly is repticzone? The more I talk and read, the more I get the "itch".......so let me stop there.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #9
GottaLuvHerps
Chris, I also want to say hello and welcome back to the boards. Although some things have changed in the past 5 years, most of the love is still in the hobby. Some of these crazy morphs like silkes, smoothbacks and leatherbacks are just really starting to hit hot on the market the past 2 years or less, so do not worry if you don't know much about them. They are...interesting, but I still prefer the old fashioned scaled dragons.
Good to "meet" you, and we look forward to hearing from/seeing you around!

Kelly Kordek

Old 06-13-2008, 02:34 AM   #10
LadyGecko
Welcome back to the boards Chris!

I also would like to say "Glad to meet ya" and I hope that you get that "Beardie Itch" scratched soon !

Sandy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!