Superworms and surgery - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-05-2004, 03:24 PM   #1
Melle
Superworms and surgery

Hello,

My lil girl, Gypsy, went through surgery a few months ago. i bred her, she layed all her eggs, then she stopped eating and started losing a lof of weight. Turns out her fat pads under her arms had died somehow and they needed to remove all the dead tissue and fat inside her.

Now, she is eating great and doing fine and has gained most of her weight back. In fact, her orange color is ten times better than it ever was, way more intense!... but the ONLY thing she will eat is superworms. She used to pound down mealworms, crickets, waxworms, pinkies, and supers before the surgery, now she refuses everything but. she wont even touch waxworms! before she would have sold her soul for one. now no matter how hungry she is and how much she strikes at the air begging for food, she will only eat if i give her supers. my question is, is this ok for her? I have no problem with feeding her just superworms, i just wanna make sure its good for her. Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 07-05-2004, 05:01 PM   #2
thegeckobarn_DW
If I remember correctly, it'll be okay. She might even start wanting something else after a few weeks of straight supers.

Old 07-05-2004, 08:09 PM   #3
progeckos
Glad your gecko made it through all that okay.

I wouldn’t worry about it as superworms make an excellent staple diet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!