Speaking of karma points - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-24-2006, 07:30 PM   #1
WebSlave
Speaking of karma points

In another thread, this topic was brought up and I need to make a comment here for anyone who feels it may apply to them:

It is obvious to me that some otherwise non participating members here are using the karma system as a stealth method of dissention in the manner in which they assess those points. This will stop NOW. Any more occurrences of this and I will simply put their karma points into the red in order to end their abuses after deleting their entries in the log. If you otherwise continue to find ways to try to pluck at my nerves, you WILL be removed from this site. I made certain to have a warning level in the new system to fine and suspend someone simply because I have sufficient cause to not want you here. The super mods have this tool at their disposal as well to use as they see fit.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:22 AM   #2
Tiger Lilly
I don't know much about "stealth method of dissention" in regards to karma points... my question is how do I get them at all??? And does it have something to do with trader ratings or are they separate? Sad to say I've been a member for almost 2 yrs and have to ask this. Sorry, but thanks in advance for your answer.

Old 06-28-2006, 04:39 AM   #3
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentSnakebite
I don't know much about "stealth method of dissention" in regards to karma points... my question is how do I get them at all??? And does it have something to do with trader ratings or are they separate? Sad to say I've been a member for almost 2 yrs and have to ask this. Sorry, but thanks in advance for your answer.
You receive Karma points from other members. You receive them for making good posts, or in some instances bad posts. Seeing as you have only made 8 posts it limits your amount of exposure and there is a lesser chance of someone seeing, agreeing, or disagreeing with your posts.

Old 06-28-2006, 07:06 AM   #4
kmurphy
Also

Quote:
You give them by clicking on the symbol that looks like a scale under the person's name on the left of their post.

Old 06-28-2006, 07:12 AM   #5
kmurphy
Quote:
Speaking of karma points
In another thread, this topic was brought up and I need to make a comment here for anyone who feels it may apply to them:

It is obvious to me that some otherwise non participating members here are using the karma system as a stealth method of dissention in the manner in which they assess those points. This will stop NOW. Any more occurrences of this and I will simply put their karma points into the red in order to end their abuses after deleting their entries in the log. If you otherwise continue to find ways to try to pluck at my nerves, you WILL be removed from this site. I made certain to have a warning level in the new system to fine and suspend someone simply because I have sufficient cause to not want you here. The super mods have this tool at their disposal as well to use as they see fit.
Rich, I sympathize with all the crap you have to put up with in running this site. However, this new condition is confusing to me. Is this going to be only for posts you find offensive? Or offensive derrogatory to other members? How is someone going to know when they can and cannot award karma points?

Kevin

Old 06-28-2006, 07:53 AM   #6
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
Rich, I sympathize with all the crap you have to put up with in running this site. However, this new condition is confusing to me. Is this going to be only for posts you find offensive? Or offensive derrogatory to other members? How is someone going to know when they can and cannot award karma points?

Kevin
I believe he was referring to those who don't participate regularly but are giving or taking Karma points.

Example: say I was to start a thread saying Rich was out of line giving a friend of mine warning points. Then otherwise nonparticipating members start giving me positive Karma points, it's that type of thing I believe he is attempting to curb.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:58 PM   #7
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy

Kevin
I am afraid you are just going to have to trust my judgement on this one. It won't just be a single instance, it will be a pattern of abuse.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:26 PM   #8
ms_terese
What a pain in the arse...

First, certain people were so juvenile with building their buddies' karma and tearing down others' karma that the system had to have defaults built into it to prevent abuse. The result was that you could only give so much in a specific time period, and you couldn't repeatedly give it to the same people. Apparently, some geniuses have now found ways to get around those restrictions, and new rules have to apply to prevent karma system abuse.

I'm amazed at the lengths people will go to build up a meaningless number. Is your self esteem really that low? Do you sleep better at night knowing that you have XXX amount of little green bars show up under your name? Do those people you dislike really make you feel so insecure that you have to concoct a plan to get their karma points down?

Pathetic.

Rich, save yourself some energy and aggravation and delete that particular little perk.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:45 PM   #9
WebSlave
At this point, I am more inclined to remove the people who are the main abusers. I think this site will be MUCH better off without them.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:54 PM   #10
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
At this point, I am more inclined to remove the people who are the main abusers. I think this site will be MUCH better off without them.
I would agree. Just with the few that are now gone, it seems that the atmosphere is better. I would also say IMO, the forums are getting more activity. Before, all of the focus was on the latest drama. this is just my honest opinion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!