Karma questions? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
Leighanne
Karma questions?

(Green)Morals 04-04-2007 10:21 AM That last line is great lol.
(Red)Do Snakes typicaly play... 01-29-2007 02:37 PM I could have given you a warning for this post.Be carefull
(Grey)Oops for Crickets! 01-25-2007 11:49 AM You should join cornsnakes.com anyway. You'd like it.
(Red)Hilary for Prez 01-23-2007 11:00 AM -karma not for liking Hillary but believing that your situation is because of political motivations!
(Green)I'm Scared.....Have I d... 01-23-2007 08:13 AM Hah hah!
(Red)Sara Gatto, aka clarine... 01-20-2007 05:42 PM NO COMMENT
(Grey)Sara Gatto, aka clarine... 01-19-2007 07:09 AM THANK YOU! I had the pack mentality the BOI caters to.
(Red) Sara Gatto, aka clarine... 01-19-2007 12:45 AM You are very wrong...
(Red) Sara Gatto, aka clarine... 01-19-2007 12:26 AM this is for both posts on that thread. I doubt I need to comment further
(Red) Sara Gatto, aka clarine... 01-18-2007 11:51 PM Blah Blah Blah, who asked you?
(Red) Sara Gatto, aka clarine... 01-18-2007 11:50 PM
(Green) Picolo related. 01-06-2007 11:35 PM My heart goes out to you...
(Green) Told you... 11-13-2006 11:15 PM Thank you. I try.
(Red) Finally got one! Help 11-07-2006 10:37 PM
(Red) Got it. An DANG! 09-26-2006 11:05 PM you need to learn how to care for them before you get them
(Red) Dehydrated Rose Hair 06-07-2006 07:19 PM innappropiate language in your better half's post Kris, I would suggest only YOU post with your account
(Green) Growing Question 06-07-2006 02:00 AM I appreciate your participation in the Cornsnake forum!
(Green) Easy Cricket Keeping! 05-06-2006 03:06 AM
(Grey) New to Geckos 04-25-2006 05:21 AM

First off what do the Grey colored dots stand for? Secondly some off these Karma points look to be from Members not Mods but they are still there. If we go by only Mods being able to give points anymore then why still have them there? Thirdly, good or bad Karma points..no offense but my Record sheet looks RETARDED!

I'm not trying to pick fights just trying to understand. I got a good Karma point for my Thread Morals because somebody thought it was funny I made a statement about masturbation? What!? An I'm not totally sure all my bad points for the BOI posts weren't from Sara herself and hows that fair?

The bad Karma points I can see being given for messing up with your Critters (I have one for Lickity and thats fair) or for bad behavior and thats fair. There aren't a lot of good Karma points given for learning/educating or being right about information on a Critter and thats kind of what I thought those would be given out for. SO..what exactly are good Karma points supposed to be given for?

No offense to Stardust here either personally I have NO beef but I am kind of half and half on that point, because the point is I control (I guess) my life and my immediate surroundings but God knows Busch (or whatever) is the bad plague of America. I didn't make my Gas prices, or the price of my Bananas or lots of other stuff and part of what happens in our lives IS the Political Motivation because we cannot control the above and I think we could all be living A LOT better. Or does anybody care to talk Economics here and tell me why everything, like the above SUCKS!?

One more question. How many points for one post can you receive? The BOI posts I was in, well WOW! Is there a cut off for ONE Post, seriously. Or could the whole Forum gang up and give me two pages of bad or good Karma? Thanks guys.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:18 PM   #2
Wraith
Quote:
First off what do the Grey colored dots stand for? Secondly some off these Karma points look to be from Members not Mods but they are still there. If we go by only Mods being able to give points anymore then why still have them there? Thirdly, good or bad Karma points..no offense but my Record sheet looks RETARDED!

You are confusing two issues here. Karma points have nothing to do with warning points assigned by moderators. Two separate entities.

Warning points are just that.. points against you by the real moderators or by the pseudo-mods for breaking some rule or another (real or imaginary depending on the person issuing the points). I use the term pseudo-mods as anyone with enough money can buy into a special user level that gains them the power to smack someone else with points if they desire to.

Karma is an optional peer review where members can tell you if they like your thoughts/opinions/posts or don't like them. Red is negative, green is positive. Grey I think is what happens when someone doesn't have enough standing yet to issue karma but the gesture still appears on the list.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:07 PM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
Kristin, most people are quick to zap you with negative Karma over positive. Sucks, but it's true. Don't think it's a serious matter or that it reflects on you yourself. Keep helping where you can and stay active. I appreciate your enthusiasm and I'm sure others feel the same way.

If you were a paid member, you would actually be able to see who wrote what (I see two of mine on there! ).

Old 04-19-2007, 01:13 AM   #4
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighanne
No offense to Stardust here either personally I have NO beef but I am kind of half and half on that point, because the point is I control (I guess) my life and my immediate surroundings but God knows Busch (or whatever) is the bad plague of America. I didn't make my Gas prices, or the price of my Bananas or lots of other stuff and part of what happens in our lives IS the Political Motivation because we cannot control the above and I think we could all be living A LOT better. Or does anybody care to talk Economics here and tell me why everything, like the above SUCKS!?
With that can't-do attitude the limits to your accomplishments are boundless.

Kudos Kristin!

Old 04-19-2007, 01:15 AM   #5
Stardust
Quote:
No offense to Stardust here either personally I have NO beef but I am kind of half and half on that point, because the point is I control (I guess) my life and my immediate surroundings but God knows Busch (or whatever) is the bad plague of America.
Wow, not even sure where this is coming from as I am not even sure I ever gave you karma either way

Old 04-19-2007, 01:46 AM   #6
Leighanne
OK....the whole point I was making WAS either way I don't control every aspect. I guess thats just my young mind talking?! I'm sorry my view points are so hard to swallow.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #7
Griz
Quote:
OK....the whole point I was making WAS either way I don't control every aspect. I guess thats just my young mind talking?! I'm sorry my view points are so hard to swallow.
It's not that your viewpoints are hard to swallow. It's just that your viewpoints are very shallow and uneducated. That's not to imply that your not intelligent it's just that you are young and not very experienced with life. You make assumptions that are completely unfounded in fact. You blame the government for your life but have yet to pull your own self up by the boot straps.

Until you get some real life experiences, I would encourage you to listen more and type less.

Griz

Old 04-25-2007, 08:32 PM   #8
fd7474
WHAT ?

Old 04-26-2007, 03:29 PM   #9
LadyOhh
Karma is given once to one post by one person... It cannot be given again to the same post by the same person.

I have to say that I have been reading a lot of your posts, and you constantly ask the SAME questions over and over again.

Now, this is not to be rude, but if you do some more research even on this forum, you could probably find your answers without having to type an entire book about your situations with your animals.

We are here as a community to help one another. That is a given, but when it comes to the same situations from the same people over a short period of time, and complete tangent situations thrown into the mix, it gets a little hard to read and answer.

You are a very spirited person, and you add to the community by being here.

The Karma situation is a reflection on what some of the community thinks of you.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:53 AM   #10
BalloonzForU
Quote:

Kristin,

No you can't control every thing that has gone wrong in your life that keeps you from caring for you animals properly. However, if you can't care for them properly why keep bringing more home?

If your bf/husband/whatever is not going to let you take the advise of those of us that know the proper care for your animals, again why bring more home?

Yes you are young, but then again there are 15 & 16 year olds on this and other forums that do the research, take care of their animals properly, and take them to the vet when needed.

You've got to understand the frustrations some of us go through reading post after post from you asking questions, to have you come back with excuses after excuses why you can't do what we've told you needs to be done.

These are the reasons why you get negative karma. I'm sure you're a nice person and all, but that has nothing to do with how the karma works. Most of the people on this site care more about animals than they do about people, so when they see someone not taking care of their animals it kind of ticks them off.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!