Warning Points System Mod - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:27 AM   #171
The BoidSmith
"You have to be the change you wish to see in the world." Yes, those are the words of Mohandas Gandhi. Have them as your daily motto and you will start to see things change right in front of your eyes. Some people will still be acting the way they feel is right. But if we become upset by their words, that's not their problem, it's ours'. They are not offended but what they said or wrote, we are. So who is the one that has a problem, the one that expresses his/her opinions or the one that feels offended by them and reacts in consequence?

Regards.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:40 AM   #172
Chameleon Company
The ones who are offended and do not react, except to blame others for the state of things, are the one's with the greatest problem.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:40 AM   #173
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Is it possible to see just who has recieved dings from dandy and owens? I've certainly gotten my share so far and I'm rather curious if I am the only name on thier dance cards.
Wes, it wouldn't surprise me at all to know that you have received the vast majority of "dings" under this system, and the vast bulk of them from the two to whom you refer. You ask for it. You know that every time that you refer to him as "dandy" he will give you more points. It's that simple and you still do it. Rich has seen your posts, and the points assessed, and has not seen fit to change things. I'm really not sure what you are trying to prove, but you are getting points from people other than those two as well, people with no reason to have bias.

Frankly, I agree that Dand ought to refer your posts to one of the supermods because of your pre-existing animosity. The pattern is obvious that he is gunning for you, but you present a huge target for him with your posts, and he is within the site rules to do what he is doing. I don't think it speaks well for him to be gunning for you but that is for his conscience to deal with, and his reputation will be the one affected by it.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:46 AM   #174
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Wes, it wouldn't surprise me at all to know that you have received the vast majority of "dings" under this system, and the vast bulk of them from the two to whom you refer. You ask for it. You know that every time that you refer to him as "dandy" he will give you more points. It's that simple and you still do it. Rich has seen your posts, and the points assessed, and has not seen fit to change things. I'm really not sure what you are trying to prove, but you are getting points from people other than those two as well, people with no reason to have bias.

Frankly, I agree that Dand ought to refer your posts to one of the supermods because of your pre-existing animosity. The pattern is obvious that he is gunning for you, but you present a huge target for him with your posts, and he is within the site rules to do what he is doing. I don't think it speaks well for him to be gunning for you but that is for his conscience to deal with, and his reputation will be the one affected by it.
Could be JimO, could be.

Funny though that he never once mentioned it bothered him prior to the implementation of The Inquisition.

Is it my fault he can't spell dandy properly?

Or, heaven forefend, have I misunderstood what his name is? Have I, all this time, thought that he was saying he was a dandy, misspelling it of course, when, in fact he was not saying anysuch thing?

Naw, I just do it because I know he doesn't like it and he's too big a wuss to actually do anything about it other than utilize his wee bit of authority to "discipline" members who misbehave.

Odd though, as has been mentioned, that I am so often the only one hit for offences commited by others.

Ahhh well, consistency has always been the byword here.

The word left by the side of the road, that is.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:50 AM   #175
WebSlave
Quote:
Maybe it's just me, or maybe I'm right on the money.

Is it possible to see just who has recieved dings from dandy and owens? I've certainly gotten my share so far and I'm rather curious if I am the only name on thier dance cards.

Thanks for the attention boys. It's good to be loved.
It doesn't matter who gave you the warning points, Wes. All that matters was that you earned them. That audit log is available for anyone to review.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:00 PM   #176
Chameleon Company
Wuss ?

Quote:
Wes writes:
Naw, I just do it because I know he doesn't like it and he's too big a wuss to actually do anything about it other than utilize his wee bit of authority to "discipline" members who misbehave.
The "wuss" is you Wes, although count yourself fortunate that the rest of us will not be juxtaposing the two words, as you are the only one to regularly slime in that way here. Maybe he should start a BOI thread "Wes Pollock aka Wilomn is a LIAR". Is that what you mean by "doing something about it" ? That would be to follow your example, eh?

Old 01-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #177
ravensgait
Wes having carnal knowledge of your wife in the front yard at 2 in the morning is one thing. Her screaming so loud she wakes the neighbors well that sure gets peoples attention. You wanted their attention seems you have it...Maybe trying not to get their attention would help...Randy

Old 01-30-2007, 03:56 PM   #178
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
Wes having carnal knowledge of your wife in the front yard at 2 in the morning is one thing. Her screaming so loud she wakes the neighbors well that sure gets peoples attention. You wanted their attention seems you have it...Maybe trying not to get their attention would help...Randy
Are you so positvie of my personal motivations as this Randy? Are you so very sure you know the inner workings of my mind that you can say all I want is attention?

I thought better of you than that.

Maybe I just wanted to see who would do what if I put on the bullseye.

Look at my dung, er I mean ding, log. Who's hit me? For what? When and why?

Look well.

Now look back and see how often in my history here I was hit by the same folks for the same thing.

I haven't changed one thing I'm doing. I'm using the same words, asking the same questions, making the same statements.

NOW though, now that The Inquisition has begun, it is OK for those with no backbone to ding me for what they accepted, neigh they AGREED with, by not disagreeing in the past, by remaining silent, by doing the same themselves on occasion. Those who had no bone to pick with me, or were too cowardly to admit to wanting to pick my bone, so to speak, now have the ability to do so and things have changed.

With power comes responsibility. I have no power, no responsibility.

Has the power used by dand and owens been fairly and justly utilized? Many have said NO.

How were these many shown that these two have not lived up to the standards, minimal though they are, to date?

By one becoming a target.

Who's fired on that target and for what Randy? Some very justified shots were taken by people who know and follow something more than the dogma of, "he hurted me so I'm gonna hurt him back," as is shown by their application of their duties as mods.

dand failed miserably, as most knew he would.

owens, well, he's got history and wishes, by his own words, that I would do something to get myself kicked off the site. Pretty fair moderation from him is to be expected, eh?

Sometimes you need to look beyond the reasons YOU would use Randy, when you are trying to figure out WHY someone else does something YOU would not do. I'm not ragging you here, just pointing out that I did know what I was doing, it did work as I knew it would, and that it wasn't for attention, as you mistakenly thought it was.

Old 01-30-2007, 04:06 PM   #179
Seamus Haley
Quote:
With power comes responsibility.
It's uh... "With great power comes great responsibility." it's a little too close for me to think that the wording wasn't influenced by this, relatively, famous line. If you're going to use a concept that was expressed in a Spider-Man comic (and it's often a valid one, it's a poignant line even if the fiction it was pulled from did have pictures) you've gotta get it right. Lee and Kirby deserve their credit for that iconic one liner.

Old 01-30-2007, 04:24 PM   #180
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
It's uh... "With great power comes great responsibility." it's a little too close for me to think that the wording wasn't influenced by this, relatively, famous line. If you're going to use a concept that was expressed in a Spider-Man comic (and it's often a valid one, it's a poignant line even if the fiction it was pulled from did have pictures) you've gotta get it right. Lee and Kirby deserve their credit for that iconic one liner.
Seamus, shame on you.

I knew from whence it came and dumbed it down.

This forum is nowhere near the hallowed ground that is a SpiderMan comic.

There is NOTHING great about what is going on here.

Give a brutha a break.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread