Can anyone identify this crestie? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
Kida
Can anyone identify this crestie?

Hey all! I have been a herper for awhile, but a few days ago we just added a crested gecko to our little zoo, and we were just curious as to what morph he/she is. I know it's not anything special, but I would just like to know I looked it up but I seem to have a hard time identifying the subtle differences between them for some reason. I seem to be much better with snakes than geckos lol. Anyways, any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much

Oh, btw his/her name is Harley and its the sweetest little thing! And I never realized crestie's were so soft! We are in love with this little one and would like to eventually get another one.

While I'm thinking of it, lol, any advise on housing more than one together? We have an enclosure that is an 18x18x24 for Harley. Would she/he be ok to be housed with others? And if he's a male would another male be ok or are they territorial. And if she's a female are females ok together? We'd make sure to get another one that's the same size so there arent any feeding issues. Also we really dont want to breed, we would just enjoy them as pets. And how many could comfortably fit into an enclosure of that size? We want to make sure we dont overcrowd anyone. Thanks again everyone!
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
radera5
The last picture makes it look like it could be a Harlequin. I would say it is a low expression Harlequin or a high0 expression Flame.

It's a cute little gecko though.

Cresties do best housed together. I would definitely not ever house males together. Females can be housed together but should still be watched, sometimes one gecko will bully another and not let it eat.
You also run a higher chance of geckos losing their tail's when housed together.

You say you don't want to breed so I personally wouldn't house any together anyway. Ciliatus lay eggs like machines, once it starts it can be tough to stop and if you aren't prepared you are either going to be throwing out a bunch of good eggs and stressing out a female for no reason or you are going to have 14+ babies to care for.

Good luck. I actually have to run or I would have wrote out a more thought out answer.

Have fun!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!