Partial Translucent Dragon? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
sunnybeardie
Partial Translucent Dragon?

This baby hatched on Monday, and his arms, hands and even his belly seem to be somewhat translucent. You can see the pink arms and legs, and the almost clear feet on him. He also is semi-transparent on his back as well. You can see the lightest go to a darker shade, and that is definitely not a shadow. In person you can see his transparency very well from the top. My camera sucks, but you can still get a pretty good look at him. I don't know how to post a picture, so some help would be appreciated.

Old 10-13-2006, 02:52 PM   #2
Bella17
I post all my pictures through photobucket.com its free to sign up. and then you can upload your pics on there, and itll give you several links to use so you can post the picture anywhere.. I think for on here youd have to use the 3rd link it gives you which is the IMG link. and just copy and paste it on to a thread and it should show up. Hope that helps

michelle

Old 10-13-2006, 03:49 PM   #3
sunnybeardie
Thank You, Here they are
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
sunnybeardie
Here are two more
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2006, 04:03 PM   #5
sunnybeardie
Sorry about the duplicate picture. Here is the last picture.
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2006, 08:27 PM   #6
sunnybeardie
In case an image did not show up her is one

Old 10-14-2006, 11:07 PM   #7
pdragon
It looks to me like it's a partial trans. You can see the white pigment on the lips and in patches on the legs. Grow it up and see if the eyes change over. Pretty cool! Josh

Old 10-15-2006, 10:31 AM   #8
Tinzal
Wow those are some cool looking pictures, he totally looks part trans,

Here is a question, Dragons love the sun, and the heat, how do the trans do w/ this? I know your dragon is only partially trans, but does the fact that they are trans pose a bigger issue w/ sun & heat and internal organs?

Heidi

Old 10-15-2006, 01:20 PM   #9
sunnybeardie
Heidi,
I am not sure how it works with the translucents. The best person to ask that question would be Josh (pdragon), he is the translucent expert. I would like to know myself.

Old 10-16-2006, 12:23 AM   #10
pdragon
Thanks for the complement, that's way cool. The transluscents in my experience have no problems with uv or natural sunlight. The babies and adults that I have now are under 8 and 10.0 uv bulbs and they do great. I have noticed that when they are raised under natural sun and/or uv bulbs, their blue iris is more visible. Without the uv, it looks almost black. I tested years ago a supertrans(no white pigment) in natural sun, and it did really well. It was kept outside for months and thrived like all the other non trans dragons. Any questions you have about these guys I would be glad to answer them. Thanks, Josh

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!