Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back - Page 21 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #201
cobraman1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
Interesting take on things. You stand firmly against blackmail, but outright theft is cool with you. While it may be very enlightening to anyone who reads your posts with the intent of gauging your own integrity, or lack thereof, it's not particularly relevant to the topic at hand.

In the simplest terms: the buyer paid for an item that arrived severely broken and the seller is shirking his duty to rectify what he admitted was his own mistake. The actions of characters whose relationship is tangential, at best, absolutely should not be an acceptable justification for withholding what's due to the main principal involved, the guy that actually handed over the money for the dead snake. I believe anything beyond this is completely moot and serves no purpose other than creating lame rationalizations for the seller to justify keeping money received for a product that he ultimately didn't provide in what could sensibly be called a satisfactory condition.
First, I think both parties did wrong at one time or another. I just said that I understand him being hesitant. For you to imply that the two other mens actions in this is "moot and serves no purpose other than creating lame rationalizations for the seller to justify keeping money received for a product that he ultimately didn't provide in what could sensibly be called a satisfactory condition" is crazy. The other two men that involved themselves are very relevant here, I believe. Especially since they are all supposed partners. So, my point is, Im not justifying keeping the money, BUT i DO understand his hesitation after everything that has transpired.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #202
Designerboa
Andrew Potts....... Every post in this thread is adding more content for the search engines....You are not doing yourself, Bob Potts or your Aztec project any good....... 4,600 is a small price to pay to make this go away without doing anymore harm.

My 0.2

Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #203
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designerboa View Post
Andrew Potts....... Every post in this thread is adding more content for the search engines....You are not doing yourself, Bob Potts or your Aztec project any good....... 4,600 is a small price to pay to make this go away without doing anymore harm.

My 0.2
Genius attack right there Buddy! Nice shot!

Old 04-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #204
Designerboa
As evidenced by this Google search.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Doc2.doc (221.5 KB, 77 views)

Old 04-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #205
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I've got to say, Tom, that I'm pretty surprised that you're letting Sean off the hook so easily with the explanation that you had a good transaction with him 6-8 yrs ago....and because he was pissed. Really? You're letting him off with that lame a$$ apology because you sold him a boa once? I'm in agreement that Andrew needs to step up with a refund or replacement animal...but I think you're way off base on Sean.
I'm sorry for that Harald. Just my 3 cents. The real issue is the dead snake from 2 heat packs on a miscalculated shipping attempt. There should have been small ice packs in that run.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #206
Designerboa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pecanic View Post
Genius attack right there Buddy! Nice shot!
This isn't an attack Tom. In no way do I condone the obvious skulduggery exhibited by the extortionist. SHAMEFUL! However I don't think the Bob's...lol...(couldn't help myself...sorry) understand the consequences of this negative exposure. Not only will it affect their project and reputation in our industry but could possible cause much worse issues for them in the future not pertaining to this industry.

Congratulations Andrew you now made position two and moving up?
Attached Files
File Type: doc Doc2.doc (205.5 KB, 24 views)

Old 04-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #207
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraman1 View Post
... For you to imply that the two other mens actions in this is "moot and serves no purpose..." is crazy.
You're bending over backwards pretty far in your apparent mission to miss the point: This transaction was between A and B. C and D, and their interactions with A or B, are absolutely irrelevant in regards to the seller fixing his own mistake in not supplying A with what he purchased; a live boa.

[/quote]
The other two men that involved themselves are very relevant here, I believe. Especially since they are all supposed partners. So, my point is, Im not justifying keeping the money, BUT i DO understand his hesitation after everything that has transpired.[/quote]

The OP said something along the lines of "I had extra money laying around so I bought the snake". As I don't have the ambition to dig through the thread and find the exact quote, I'm paraphrasing. Again, he laid out his own money for this purchase. It's ridiculous to say that the actions of those he had a mentor/potential breeding loan arrangement with has any direct bearing on the fact that he's now $4600 poorer with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #208
cobraman1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
You're bending over backwards pretty far in your apparent mission to miss the point: This transaction was between A and B. C and D, and their interactions with A or B, are absolutely irrelevant in regards to the seller fixing his own mistake in not supplying A with what he purchased; a live boa.
The other two men that involved themselves are very relevant here, I believe. Especially since they are all supposed partners. So, my point is, Im not justifying keeping the money, BUT i DO understand his hesitation after everything that has transpired.[/quote]

The OP said something along the lines of "I had extra money laying around so I bought the snake". As I don't have the ambition to dig through the thread and find the exact quote, I'm paraphrasing. Again, he laid out his own money for this purchase. It's ridiculous to say that the actions of those he had a mentor/potential breeding loan arrangement with has any direct bearing on the fact that he's now $4600 poorer with absolutely nothing to show for it.[/quote]

I didnt miss the point and I completely understand that the deal was between andrew and kevin. My point was that with the blackmail and "partnership" with the other two men, I can understand Andrew feeling suspicious and being hesitant. I never condoned him not refunding or replacing. I just stated that with everything being as fishy as it is, I can understand him being hesitant. I still believe that the other two men are relevant to the whole picture though.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #209
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designerboa View Post
This isn't an attack Tom. In no way do I condone the obvious skulduggery exhibited by the extortionist. SHAMEFUL! However I don't think the Bob's...lol...(couldn't help myself...sorry) understand the consequences of this negative exposure. Not only will it affect their project and reputation in our industry but could possible cause much worse issues for them in the future not pertaining to this industry.

Congratulations Andrew you now made position two and moving up?
By 'genius attack,' I only meant very smart of you to address that sir. Thank you. Those links stick! No attacks. lol.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #210
Keys & Kritterz
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftycrane View Post
just because a snake is worth $10,000 doesnt mean someone is going to pay him that much money. Especially when they see something like this. Who is going to pay that kind of money if they dont have the faith he will do the right thing for them?
I do strongly feel that both sides were wrong. I do not know either party, I just feel that not returning the money or a different snake is completely unethical regardless of the situation. You screwed up and the snake died due to your incompetence. YOU NEED TO MAKE IT RIGHT.
If he's firm on the price then yea they are going to have to pay that amount of money. The BOI is for people to make their own decision on whether to buy from someone or not. Everyone else's opinion does not sway me one way or another on a deal, its the facts and how the seller handles his business. If I was the buyer here, I for one would not be in a partnership with two other people, If Kevin's shady friends or "partners" would not have done what they did, Kevin would probably have his money or snake by now. If not then yes, Andrew would be a bad guy. 90% of the time I tend to agree with the smaller party or "hobbyist" over "breeder" as usually a hobbyist doesn't have the money or multiples of an animal, as most breeders do so its not a huge loss for them. If you think someones EGO is to big because they wont take the chance on the possibilty of getting scammed after already an attempt to blackmail by the buyers "partner" then thats your opinion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!