Hay's Haven - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-12-2003, 06:52 PM   #41
gwbolton
other geckos

no the other geckos my fat tails where perfectly healthy til not long after the albinos arrived. i do serperate animals i just get in. this time thou i had no space on my case for the fat tails yet. needed to add more room. had room for the albinos thou, had 3 patternless females in a 30 gal i was gone to add them too. now i got rid of the tanks and when to a complete rack system for reg. reptiles. and a shoe box size rack system for new arrivals. i also got rid of all the tanks in the area of the albinos after they died. i even now keep the new arrival rack in a different room from my other reptiles. my snakes and skinks are too important to me.

gary bolton

Old 06-12-2003, 06:57 PM   #42
Asuncion7
Another curious question...

Gary, I just wondered why you've waited so long to post this issue...considering the original sale occurred in August of last year and they died week later, unless I have the dates confused...Also I wondered why we need to wait til tomorrow for the vet report since it occurred so long ago, or does the vet have to write it up again??? If he has to write it up again, I would have to say it may be difficult to go off of memory for him considering it was so long ago, unless it's in your file, which would mean it will have the August dates. Did you send a report to Jason ever???

Thanks,
Cori

Old 06-12-2003, 07:11 PM   #43
Asuncion7
So all were separated then??

Great, so all WERE separated then, or are you saying you separate now??

Old 06-12-2003, 09:48 PM   #44
hayshaven
I don't really know too much about the people who are posting on this, but if any of you are breeders consider this. If you sold me a gecko and the following week I called you and said that I had got geckos from another breeder. The other breeders geckos had a disease that killed the one you sent me. Would you replace the gecko you sent me or leave it up to the breeder who had sold me the sick gecko. I'm not saying that the breeder who sold him the fattails had sick animals. But Gary told me over the phone that the fattails had been replaced. Which would mean to me that he hadn't told them the same story he told me, or they more than likely wouldn't have replaced the geckos. Also, if his space was so limited what ever happened to the other 5 geckos that I sold him. The albinos were younger, but were kept in tanks right next to eachother in my house. How is it possible that he lost the 3 albinos, the baby fattails, and his entire fattail colony, without losing the other 5 geckos that I sold him. And I still can't get past the fact that the fattails died before the albinos. When he first called and said that one of the albinos had died, he told me then that he had already worked out replacements with the other breeder for the fattails. And if my husbandry is so bad why is he wanting to get another lizard from me instead of the money. If I honestly beleived that I had bought a lizard that killed a bunch of my other lizards, I would never even think about getting another lizard from that breeder.
Jason Hays

Old 06-12-2003, 10:07 PM   #45
ms_terese
The timeline is essential here.

Gary, can you tell us who you bought the fattails from, and give us the dates that they arrived originally and the date they were replaced.

Still waiting for that vet report or some pics.

Old 06-12-2003, 10:37 PM   #46
The BoidSmith
Jason,

Quote:
But Gary told me over the phone that the fattails had been replaced.
Even if you are right only written e-mail exchange will be proof of what was said.

Quote:
Which would mean to me that he hadn't told them the same story he told me, or they more than likely wouldn't have replaced the geckos.
Again, is the story he told you in writing?

[quote]When he first called and said that one of the albinos had died, he told me then that he had already worked out replacements with the other breeder for the fattails.

Proof from of the vet's diagnosis has been requested from Gary. Proof of what "he said" or "told you" in writing (other than the telephone conversations) would be useful to prove your point.

Regards.

Old 06-12-2003, 10:53 PM   #47
damin
impartial testimony

I am really wanting to remain impartial in this conflict, but there are a few matters that might need clarification, and I am a witness to it all.

Gary bought my best hypo tang from last season, and has remained in contact since then. He has been polite and friendly every time we have talked. I value his friendship.

Hays lives 15 minutes away from me. I have known him for close to 4 years, and I have visited him often. On a few occasions unexpectedly. His setups are always clean, and from what I have seen he honestly cares about his animals. I have purchased 2 dragons off of him, and he bought one of my nicest dragons from last year.

I remember visiting Hays' house about a week before Gary bought them. He discussed taking them with us to the Indy show. I looked over all of the geckos in question,and they gave all appearances of being healthy. Hays decided against taking them to the show due to space limitations on the table we were sharing. I remember this incident well because Hays rarely gets time to attend shows with me, and it was one of my first successful shows! I know that Hays would not intentionally sell sick animals. I am not a vet, I am a breeder, so take my 2 cents for what it is worth.

All this has inspired me to make a VERY detailed TOS page just to cover my behind. Not that I would sell anything I knew was in poor health, but because I firmly believe that the reptiles I sell are in perfect health. I have no control over what happens to them in the hands of the new owners, and don't intend to be responsible for the consequences of actions that aren't mine.
Damin Kaylor http://www.dkreptile.com

Old 06-12-2003, 11:15 PM   #48
gwbolton
first the fat tails where health til your albinos arrived. the fat tails where here for a month with no signs of disease.
then suddenly your geckos arrived an next morning the 1 female isn't moving. so since i have a vet appointment for them
i took them in. welp she was dead. tried to save the rest no luck. the other geckos you sent me yes where older and after
a lot of headaches giving them meds. they pulled through.

as for the breeder of the fat tails. he was Mark Leshock of M.L. Reptiles. hmm Mark has never had a problem dealing with me. ponder could it be that it is due to the fact he is straight foward woth me. Heck he even trusted me at the pottstown,pa show to leave with over $300 in reptiles without a signature and waited til her got home to run my charge card. but then according to jason i am a crook.

now back to the albinos, the same day i saw the vet i called you. you told me you had some eggs the one gecko i bought had laid and when they hatched you would send them to me. never got them. never got an email why. never got a call. then later i see one of those geckos for sale on your web site. email you. oh i will send it when i got the money to ship it. no mention of problems. never got it. again no email or call. tried again calling and emailing you. no responce til i decided to come here with my complaint. then sundenly these 2 mystery breeders show up. dam i love a good magic trick.... and with this past you wonder why i don't trust Jason anymore.. heck i wouldn't believe him is he told me the sky was blue...

as for being willing to take another lizard before i was willing to give you another chance. that was stupid of me. now once i post the letter from my vet all i want is my 150.00 back and nothing further to do with you. an yes postal money order please NO CHECK...

sorry to be rude to all the other folks just got done cleaning cages and read his reply. dang i get cranky after clean cages.. ; )

plus a dang mouse bit me too.

will have the vet letter tomorrow but don't except anything will change, hope this won't happen to someone else...

gary bolton

Old 06-12-2003, 11:21 PM   #49
gwbolton
true damin your gecko was of top quality. only problem was she was a pig. she ate more food the any other female i had. but she was friendly and loved that super-hypo tang male. will get back to you about that dragon as soon as i find a new supplier for pro plan cat food. dang skinks won't eat anything else but pro plan chicken and turkey cat food and eggs. dumb male drowned another mouse thou.

sorry to get off the track don't get much time to call him long distance adds up.
gary bolton

Old 06-12-2003, 11:34 PM   #50
hayshaven
There has been 4 days since your first post about this. Why is it that the first time I have heard of any problems with the other 5 geckos you bought from me is after I question you about why they weren't sick. Now all of a sudden they were sick too. I already explained my regrets on not telling you that I wasn't sending the gecko before I posted it on my site. But believe me, this is my only regret. The more you say, the more I believe that you are not telling the truth.
Jason Hays

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!