Bad Guy Chael Downey (Riley Downey) stole my gecko - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:43 AM   #21
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmebabee View Post
He got resolution and it's closed for him/her. Likely all the OP was saying.
Not that you or others can't continue to carry this thread on just he's out of it.
If you will look down to post 20, you will see that this issue is nowhere near closed. Thanks for the permission to carry on though.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:45 AM   #22
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Chael View Post
The check doesn't go through properly
What happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSelect View Post
On the other hand, he told Mark that the check was cashed out on "Monday" Oct 12, but it was really not the case, since Chael had continued discussions about the undelivered check until "Wednesday" Oct 14.
Chael, clarify what your seller was saying here? Why did you not simply tell him about whatever happened with the check and tell him Paypal payment would be forthcoming?

Old 10-18-2015, 06:45 AM   #23
juliasara
You also come off as snotty/rude so I wouldn't point fingers at others. I'd really rather not retype all the questions that myself and others have asked but if it would help you answer them I'll do it. A good place to start would be posting screen shots of all the messages sent back and forth between you and the seller. Maybe he wasn't rude and since English isn't his first language was misunderstood. Anyway this is the boi, we aren't going to just take your word for it so proof is needed. Proof that you really paid him is probably most important. He came here because you had his animal and he didn't have payment, and called you a bad guy. Now it's up to you to prove to everyone that you aren't a bad guy if you don't want people to think that.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:53 AM   #24
jusmebabee
If you can point out where i said anything about this thread being closed to all please show me.
See where it says likely all the OP was saying?
So before trying to be a smart ... learn how to read.
Now you can carry on.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Old 10-18-2015, 07:30 AM   #25
Cali_Chael
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
You also come off as snotty/rude so I wouldn't point fingers at others. I'd really rather not retype all the questions that myself and others have asked but if it would help you answer them I'll do it. A good place to start would be posting screen shots of all the messages sent back and forth between you and the seller. Maybe he wasn't rude and since English isn't his first language was misunderstood. Anyway this is the boi, we aren't going to just take your word for it so proof is needed. Proof that you really paid him is probably most important. He came here because you had his animal and he didn't have payment, and called you a bad guy. Now it's up to you to prove to everyone that you aren't a bad guy if you don't want people to think that.
Content removed - violation of full name rule
hhmoore

Old 10-18-2015, 07:33 AM   #26
Cali_Chael
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
"Chael",
In the screenshots of your conversation with the OP, it shows that your real name Riley Downey...why does your profile say Chael Van Hoot? Were you lying then, or are you lying now?
Content removed due to violation of full name rule
hhmoore
  Received Infraction
Old 10-18-2015, 08:04 AM   #27
hhmoore
Then all of your posts here are going to disappear - real names are a requirement on this site... if you aren't willing to comply with that rule, your posts on this particular section will be removed. The choice is yours; and the clock is running

Old 10-18-2015, 08:24 AM   #28
hhmoore
"Chael",
Your infraction yesterday described the steps you need to take to remain in good standing on this site. Until you comply, any further posts that you make will be removed...and the posts you've already made could be removed at any time.

Old 10-18-2015, 09:41 AM   #29
RDSelect
Hello again

I got paid by paypal, so this issue is completely resolved.

On the phone, I caught a male, who's saying he's Riley's father. Of course, there's a possibility Riley pretended his father. So, I decided to repeat calls forever, until I'd finally get paid. Right after the talk with his father(?), Riley activated his FB account as "Chael Downey" and tried to start conversation again. Since he had blocked me and I couldn't reply back, I had to call them for every reply to his one-sided messages. Then, They agreed to pay and explained they had opened a new paypal account, asking me to wait for another 24 hours. However, I got paid in 10 mins. I thought it weird but it was the case.

I have no idea about the undelivered check, since Riley didn't show and provide me with any tracking information. My colleague went to the bank to inquire about the status of it, but it turned out that only the bank account holder is allowed to do so. We felt at a loss what to do only by ourselves, when Riley refused to reply back to us and disappeared on FB.

I don't think Riley and his father(?) liked to create a paypal account to make the payment, if the certified US check was cashed out and the money was stolen by someone else. So, I still don't believe it was sent by Riley and also I assume he had an obligation to clarify to me the status of the delivery if he wanted to claim there was a good reason for 10 days of delay. He explained to me it'd arrive in 2 days, when he said it was sent.

As per his request to want to delete his home address, I've deleted it from my posts on FB, but I couldn't do it on BOI. I was able to recover PM with him and explained that to him. Attached is how I explained to him in response to his request. I hope he understands that.

P.S.

I didn't know he was a boy. I still don't know his true age, but he looked old enough by his profile picture he used to show on FB. He issued a certified US check by his name on it. His personal information on FB said born year 1994, which means about 21 years old. Now it seems he used other person's face (Riley Downey at google+, a different Riley Downey) I remembered the face very well and didn't suspect he's still a boy.
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2015, 11:57 AM   #30
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSelect View Post

His address in Canada is below on the certified US check.

"131 Pringle Dr whitby ON L1N6K4 CA"
Chael seems to be providing incorrect or incomplete information to this site in order to post.
I previously had given him the benefit of the doubt since information was incomplete, but if he is not willing to supply valid info even to post here, that does not help his case. I don't think his identity and address should be hidden, on the contrary, his behavior in trying to hide his identity from the site is all the more reason to have it here to identify him in future possible transactions.

From a search of the address, above:
131 PRINGLE DR
WHITBY ON L1N6K4 Canada
(905) 666-8656

I understand that the seller has been paid, but Chael is not giving this site good info and so cannot post explanations about the check. I think that until that happens, caution should be used in dealing with him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!