Finally!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
KHGeckos
Finally!!

I finally completed my rack to house my geckos. i just want to see what you guys think and if i did everything right. When i wired all the heat tape, what i did was i cut a piece of plastic from what of the enclosure's lid. I then taped it down on top of the heat-tape and i taped the temp. probe right on top of the plastic to simuate one of the enclosures like shown below.

I have my Helix unit set for 90 degrees. In this picture it showing 89 but this was when i just hooked everything up for the first time. I checked now and it reads 90 degrees.

How does everything look? Did i do it the right way because this morning i didnt know what i was doing but it seemed to go well. I'll post pics of my geckos a little later.

Old 12-17-2006, 04:06 PM   #2
groovygeckos
Hey there, only thing I can think of that might be bad. Is if your containers actually touch the heat tape, as closely as the piece you`ve cut. I know mine ride above the tape itself, which is why I thought of this.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:10 PM   #3
BalloonzForU
I found that the tubs are usually 10 degrees lower than that of the flexwatt, so you can place the probe right on the flexwatt and just have the helix set for 100, to acheive 90 degrees, but that would also depend on the rooms temp. Just play around with it till it's right for you.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:53 PM   #4
KHGeckos
thats what i thought at first Dan, and it was bugging me, so i made a hole in the back of one of the containers and taped the probe right on the "hot spot" inside the enclosure. i saw the humidity rise in the humid hides after that, something that didnt happen with this setup....

Its been almost 2 weeks and they're all feeding fine and everything is very good.

Here is the first gecko to eat for the first time in its new home. It's one of my Tangerine Albinos.

After its meal...

Old 12-18-2006, 12:24 AM   #5
garweft
That feeding must have been a special occasion... It looks like he was using the fancy china.

Nice looking gecko buy the way.

Did you build those racks or buy them, if bought from where?

I make all mine, but those do look really nice.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:24 AM   #6
BalloonzForU
I know those racks.... Those are AP racks. Very nice!!

Old 12-18-2006, 09:26 AM   #7
KHGeckos
Yes, lol. I use those little plates for all my geckos. It's so easy to keep clean.

I bought the rack from Animal Plastics. Very well made, sturdy, and strong. They look great too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!