Bad Guy Joel Diaz (Legacy Reptiles) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:56 PM   #11
Rjhjthomps
I'm including this animal in the bad guy report here because in reality a snake that dies in 2 weeks isn't worth $250, and with what happened in the second purchase you would think that after selling me a snake which died in two days he wouldn't sell me a bad pair of frenatum.

I had the ptyas dhumnades for less then two weeks. The death wasn't the fault of the seller and it wasn't my fault either. When I conversed with him prior to the purchase of the snake on the phone. The snake was represented as the best eater out of the group of dhumnades. I did take this animal to a vet before its death about an abscess it had on it. The vet had told me to come back after the next shed if it got any worse.

Lucille, no I didnt disclose those lumps to Rob unfortunately, but I didn't do it because I needed the money. I had been working fulltime and was overwhelmed by my collection at the time. I bought too many snakes, and it got out of hand. I'm still learning and the snakes didn't seem perfect but I was assured that they were so unfortunately I did take Legacy Reptiles word for that and sold them to Rob.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:56 PM   #12
Rjhjthomps
Here is a couple of other things to note regarding the first purchase.
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2018, 08:28 PM   #13
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjhjthomps View Post

Lucille, no I didnt disclose those lumps to Rob unfortunately, but I didn't do it because I needed the money. I had been working fulltime and was overwhelmed by my collection at the time. I bought too many snakes, and it got out of hand. I'm still learning and the snakes didn't seem perfect but I was assured that they were so unfortunately I did take Legacy Reptiles word for that and sold them to Rob.
Have you offered to take them back and refund including shipping both ways, or give a partial refund if he chooses to keep the snakes, or what have you done?

Old 03-18-2018, 08:38 PM   #14
Rjhjthomps
My attitude was quite unprofessional to Rob in this transaction, I offered to take them back from Rob when he first contacted me about them but I refused to pay return shipping which I apologize for and that was my mistake now that I think back. I did not mean to intentionally bring risk to him or his collection by sending him those animals. I haven't spoken since this occurred, and I should've given him a full refund for which I would like to sincerely apologize for. Rob, I'm sorry for making that nasty remark about you on your page before I blocked you the way that I did. Theres no way that I can refund the stress this has caused you and everyone else, but I promise that I will never conduct business in this manner with anyone.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:01 PM   #15
BlueCrowned
The only bad guy I see so far here is op.. He had sick snakes, neglected to take them to the vet and then sold them? And then left negative comments on the buyer's page?? As for the one that died in two weeks, that doesn't seem to be the seller's fault in any way. After two weeks in your care that's not really the seller's responsibility any more...

Old 03-18-2018, 09:03 PM   #16
Rjhjthomps
Ok if I'm such a bad guy why am I here right now and not running away from the community? I'm sharing the truth of what happened so that everyone knows.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:07 PM   #17
Rjhjthomps
Yes, I had sick snakes which I purchased advertised as CB.. CB snakes shouldnt be sick.
I left a negative comment on Rob's page because I was being harassed pretty bad by him at the time and felt like it was 100 people attacking me at once.
It's the sellers responsibility to advertise the animal as CB if its CB and WC if it's WC. I'm sure you would feel the same way about this if you purchased a cb snake from anywhere and it passed away in your care so soon.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:19 PM   #18
BlueCrowned
Cb animals can and do get sick, I've had it happen and there's no way an albino boa was wc...

Old 03-18-2018, 09:21 PM   #19
Rjhjthomps
Toby, that's completely true, but CB animals do not get sick with what these particular animals had been sick with.

Old 03-18-2018, 09:38 PM   #20
nickolasanastasiou
Joe, it seems like you need to make things right with Rob in a few ways from what you have told us.

As for subcutaneous nematodes being present in a CB snake...yeeaaaaah...pretty much no, so a reader can indirectly figure out what was what with subcutaneous nematodes present. I mean it is possible if a CB snake is left to live in a kind of wild outdoor enclosure, but realistically speaking - you pretty confidently could assume you have a WC snake when it comes to you with subcutaneous nematodes. Such nematodes are utterly nasty, by the way.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!