Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 97 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:23 AM   #961
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
Another one says "Who produced the animal is irrelevant"
So provenance is irrelevant in the tegu world? I know it's very important with some species, where proof of lineage can add greatly to a critter's value.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:55 PM   #962
DavidBeard
Kind of funny to see Tim Cole posting on FB in support of Ty. Mr. Cole is a prevalent member here, and if I recall correctly isn't he or was he at one point a moderator? Why has he not posted in this thread at all? Hmmmmm.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:23 PM   #963
nickolasanastasiou
David, I could be mistaken, but I think you might be mistaken by one letter in the surname from what I quickly glanced at.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:36 PM   #964
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
David, I could be mistaken, but I think you might be mistaken by one letter in the surname from what I quickly glanced at.
You are correct. My apologies for the misinterpretation.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:58 PM   #965
Herps Alive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloowtang View Post
well, it would have been nice to reply toTy and have a conversation but once he replied back with his only argument that he asked twice for her address, he blocked me, and i think he even changed the setting so only friends may respond !!! nice way to limit the information.. i was going to reply using another family members account but comments are blocked for non friends it seems..

one question for you Michelle, did you get a tax receipt for your 400$ contribution to that non profit organisation ?? reason I ask (where i wanted to go in his post) is that each person who purchased a ticket should be getting one.. not the promoter.. if Ty is racking all the $$ and getting the tax receipt that is illigal !! unless in the USA things are so very different . he donated a reptile for the cause.. the most he can get would be if he sold it to them to raffle off.. they both could get audited by the IRS and they would have a filed trip with this.. there s a reason why rules exist for these things and it s to prevent tax evasions with this kind of raffle..

an ex: of this here, CHEO childrens hospital, they have a raffle/lotterie for a million $$ home and sell 100$ tickets, each buyer gets the tax receipt , the contractor that builds the home donates his time or paid to build the home at a lower cost..

Ty s situation, the most he could claim would be the value of that tegu as a deduction, but not if he donated it, if he claims the total of 14000$ in tax receipts for himself, he s steeling them from each participants and pulling an illegal tax scam by gaining from a lesser value !!

just asking to see if this is the case or if you indeed get a tax receipt ??
While each purchaser should get an IRS receipt for their tickets, the legal requirement for one does not kick in until a $200 contribution/donation has been made.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:05 PM   #966
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herps Alive! View Post
While each purchaser should get an IRS receipt for their tickets, the legal requirement for one does not kick in until a $200 contribution/donation has been made.
OP got 4 tickets at $100 each.

Old 02-28-2017, 12:08 AM   #967
Herps Alive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
OP got 4 tickets at $100 each.

Yes. He should have received an IRS receipt, as I posted. But Ty (or the beneficiary 501(c)(3) could easily and legally say 4 separate $100 donations. Slippery slope? Yes. Legal? Also yes.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:14 AM   #968
KelcifersDragons
Could he still be able to do that even if she sent one lump sum through PayPal and not four individual transactions?

Old 02-28-2017, 10:03 AM   #969
Herps Alive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelcifersDragons View Post
Could he still be able to do that even if she sent one lump sum through PayPal and not four individual transactions?
I am not an attorney and I don't play one on TV. I didn't even stay ay a Holiday Inn Express last night
A strong legal argument could probably be made either way. I will look through my IRS stuff for our own 501(c)(3) and see what I can find.

Old 02-28-2017, 12:49 PM   #970
yeloowtang
that's interesting and would be different from us here in Canada.
here, even if you buy a 100$ ticket that is going to a charity, you get the receipt for 100$ and if you buy more, it's accumulative.. because in the end you are donating a total of (in her case) 400$
so since Ty is the one doing the raffle and supplying the animal, could the charity send him a receipt for the total amassed in the raffle and then he gets the deductions in compensation for his donation of animals ??? this could not be the case!!! but a charity in all transparency , should be sending receipts to donators in order to keep the books in check. where the $$ comes from, who donated , what prizes were offered , who donated the prize, value of the prize..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu