What I got yesterday, and silkies - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-09-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
Playnwifsnot
What I got yesterday, and silkies

So yesterday was the reptile show up in taylor, was nice to go to another show again. My friends were all flabbergased at all the different types of reptiles, color/morphs of the different species they were aware of.

So first stop was to oooo and awww at some pretty ball pythons, then the T's caught my eye, looked at those for a second, then poof I was off! I found Pangea right next to them...lol my friends looked around for me for a second as I went oooo and ahhhhh at the geckos. I told myself I would get one, but I wanted to look around first to see if there were any older males, found 2, tailless, kinda skinny and thought...lady sorry not buyin them. And I was pissed at all the scrawny corn snakes and balls that were there, I mean there were alot of nice balls, healthy, but there were a few I went.....gawd people why did you bring those. Then the corns, I took one look at the dude and went, yours a tiny compaired to the ones in my store, almost tempted to tell him to take his snow out of the showcase as it was the most sickly dehydrated thing at the whole show, I hope nobody bought him. The guy said, oh they just started eating, they are u to 3 pinkies now.....please my guys at the store come in that little and they eat 2 a week! Anyways it was only a few venders I didnt like there.

So we shopped around, was tempted to get a versicolor T, but decided to hold off as I am on a group of T owners, and she said she would trade me when I have a crestie baby ready to go (told her it wont be for awhile yet, they haven laid yet). Found the scorps, my friend was excited and bought a tiny little emperor, she has 2 adults right now that she is trying to breed, if mom doesnt keep eating the babies!

So we made our way around and stopped at Pangea, I grabbed 2 babies, one light colored (cream and grey), I am hoping it turns lavender and cream as adult, and one orangish brownish tiger I am hoping turns any color but brown...lol He had one showstopping male there, seriously, th nicest looking crested I have ever seen, blonde harley pinstripe (solid stripped back) with huge (thick and solid) laterial stripes on its side where harley markings usually would be, I told him, curious not that I could afford to buy him, what would he take for him, he said nothing lower than $500, I said I could believe it. I will get pics of my new guys, I want to try and get them fired up, I have no idea what theywill look like. So happy though I almost bought a young paid of gargoyles as I was thinking of trying my hand at them, bu if I got them, then I wouldnt have gotten the cresties. He also had a stunning orange blotch young male there that make me weak in the knees...who was $500 also...lol

Anyways my silkworm question, lady had them at a great buy, 15 for $1! So I bought 30 as I know my beardie loves them. Well I know my male and 2 of my females happily eat super worms, not that I give them alot, they are lucky to get one or two a month. Do these guys usuually happily eat silkies? Thought bout trying, but figured since the silkies are not really big into moving, maybe they wouldnt try eating them.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:15 PM   #2
geckogrl6
Well, I honestly dont know anything about cresteds, but I can tell you that my leos love silkies! They dont need to move much as they seem to taste much better than supers or regular mealies. If your a gecko that is, lol. I say go for it!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!