Yearling Bullsnake has a pink nose - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-21-2017, 06:40 PM   #1
bullsnakejax
Yearling Bullsnake has a pink nose

My bullsnake has had a visibly pink nose for a few months at least and I'm confused as to what it is. She digs a lot, could this be the reason of friction? Thanks!

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Old 10-21-2017, 08:32 PM   #2
Donald C
Looks like a nose rub to me. A few of mine do this every once in a while.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:26 PM   #3
elena
It is a minor nose rub. Does her enclosure have any screen? A lot of times nose rubs can be caused by screen. It doesn't look like a problem right now, but keep an eye on it because nose-rubs can become injuries if the animal "rubs itself raw." You might have to make some adjustments to your enclosure if it becomes more severe.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:38 PM   #4
bullsnakejax
I now realize that, thanks! She does not have easy access to screen, but I have noticed her rubbing onto the glass on multiple occasions.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Old 10-21-2017, 11:43 PM   #5
elena
Sometimes if you put newspaper around the bottom few inches of the tank (on the outside), they will stop rubbing.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:35 PM   #6
hotlips
Bull snakes are very prone to nose rubbing. I've kept & bred them, it's a fairly common problem, even with large cages; they are restless souls & some cause real damage, sadly.
They are intelligent & wonderful pets though, if you can keep them otherwise occupied.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!