Opening a Reptile Rescue in NE Ohio - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:07 PM   #41
Herps Alive!
So far this month we have taken in over 70 animals...20 from a small rescue closing, several from people moving, or evicted We have rehomed just shy of 50, including a record 25 on Sunday, March 20! March will be our busiest ever for adoptions and our second busiest ever for intakes, behind only October 2013, the infamous Struthers seizure). We now have a vet in one half day per week and a vet tech in two half days per week.
Altered our operating hours slightly this month and are no considering a capital campaign to buy the building we lease. This would allow us to expand our quarantine/medical area and add large tortoise (and if we can negotiate it with the state of Ohio) an alligator display. (lots of leatgalese involved here that I won't bother you with unless asked).

Old 08-30-2016, 09:52 AM   #42
Herps Alive!
It's been awhile since I updated. We have passed 300 herps adopted out for the year, already exceeding last year's totals. We have taken in close to 400. Volunteers have been great, we have received a turtle grant form the Petco Foundation (to purchase Pit Tags, additional tubs and filters plus upgrade electric) and are also now affiliated with PetSmart Charities and the Bissell Foundation. Public hours five days a week if you are ever in the area (we had only enough volunteers do to three days when we frist opened).

Old 02-27-2017, 05:37 PM   #43
Herps Alive!
Ended 2016 with 510 intakes and 394 adoptions out. Now have veterinarian/vet tech or vet assistant volunteering each day of operation. Picked up sponsorships from Zilla Products (Outreach sponsor) and the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District (Educational sponsor). We are suffering some growing pains due to the volume of work and volunteer lack of experience, but all in all going well. We have only abotu 25 animals available for adoption right now (not counting red eared sliders in the mix), the lowest number we have ever had.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:11 PM   #44
AbsoluteApril
Fantastic turn around! Keep up the good work and thank you for providing the updates.

Old 11-22-2017, 01:47 PM   #45
Herps Alive!
On November 15, we adopted out our 1,000th animal (in less than three years of operation). We have a remarkable group of volunteers who have made this possible.
We currently house over 350 animals at the facility, not counting a juge colony of hissing cockroaches that was just donated to us
We are open to the public five days a week, so if you are ever in NE Ohio, stop by and check us out.
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2017, 04:15 PM   #46
Helenthereef
It's really interesting to see how this has gone from start to now, please keep up the updates, and congratulations on already saving and rehoming 1,000 animals - that's got to feel good!

Old 12-23-2017, 05:05 PM   #47
Squeeji
I adopted a Diamond/Jag Carpet Python (still named Crystal) from Herps Alive last year, and she's doing great! We've since moved back to Minnesota, but I hope you guys thrive for years to come, you'll be on my Amazon Smile roster!

Old 12-23-2017, 06:29 PM   #48
Herps Alive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeji View Post
I adopted a Diamond/Jag Carpet Python (still named Crystal) from Herps Alive last year, and she's doing great! We've since moved back to Minnesota, but I hope you guys thrive for years to come, you'll be on my Amazon Smile roster!
Glad to hear Crystal is doing well. We do an outreach program every summer in Columbus, MN, 90 minutes from you. Maybe we can arrange a visit next summer.

Old 12-25-2017, 06:58 PM   #49
Squeeji
Absolutely! Let me know when and I'll make sure to have the time free ^^

Old 01-01-2018, 01:44 PM   #50
Herps Alive!
We finished 2017 with an 80 animal intake yesterday from an owner who passed away in an untimely manner. Dart frogs and chameleons. FLocal frog breeder coming over later this week to confirm some ID. 697 intakes in 2017. 419 adoptions. Thanks for your support, no matter what form it has taken.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!