Info sass sfsss * SCAMMER - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:31 PM   #11
myburms
Same numbers here too says he's from Indiana gave me this address
DAVID PHILIPS
4940 N Sunset Blvd,
North Vernon,
IN 47265

Old 11-15-2017, 05:35 PM   #12
snakeman236
I got the same name but not where he lived... the area code is out of Indiana...I hate these guys...never expected them to be trolling our site...seen it on Craigslist plenty of times before.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:06 PM   #13
Zach Spyker
Ya same number here. How bout we all pester them (812) 465-2363
Area codes 812 and 930 serve the southern third of the state of Indiana. The area codes cover Evansville and most of its suburbs, the northern suburbs of Louisville and the northwestern suburbs of Cincinnati.
Sure in this day and age we could dig deeper and track them down don't like people who mess with our hobby and my business.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:56 PM   #14
suncharmers
I originally posted this thread, the creep did not give me any info of his, as far as the numbers, or addresses that you guys got, he just gave me the scam email, and I told him I knew he was a scammer and to not bother me again. Never heard back.
I hate these guys too, try and have a nice site where we can come to enjoy our hobby, honest people, healthy reptiles to view, purchase, and sell, and then you have to deal with dishonest A$$Holes .

Old 11-16-2017, 09:32 AM   #15
myburms
Well i did a little research. They appear to be VoIP numbers. So I'm sure they will change them again soon enough. They're sending checks from UMB bank that look pretty real.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:46 AM   #16
snakeman236
The way the scam works is the checks look real....say you take it to your bank and don't ask them to check funds or the check itself. You have the money deposited in your account and send them back the "extra" money they sent. When your bank does check the check they find out its a fraud so you lose the money you sent the scammers plus you owe the bank back all the money you deposited into your account from the fraudulent check. Kind of a double whammy.....if anyone gets one of these checks contact your closest Office of Postal Inspectors...they will begin an investigation into these AH's and hopefully get this stopped.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:10 AM   #17
Zach Spyker
A friend said they might not even be in the states, maybe India or something and they are buying these "disposable" numbers.

Old 11-25-2017, 02:33 AM   #18
rbichlerbob
Sellers Beware

He's back at it again!
same reply different email address.
Bad guys email address; fredwilson762@gmail.com

Old 11-26-2017, 08:23 AM   #19
GradyJ
Scammers

I have two more to add to that list with the same MO. Just got them this week. One is Fred Wilson fredwilson72@gmail.com and the other is fulestsanec@gmail.com

Old 11-27-2017, 08:42 AM   #20
snakeman236
Fraud Check

I received a check for $2,750.00 from The Law Offices of Rod Schioth P.A.,
2187 S. 3rd St., Jacksonville, FL 32250 (904) 372-9351...written on a BBVA Compass bank check. I'm going to take it by my bank today...I have tried calling the number dozens of times but only get a voice mail. Once I find out this is a fraudulent check from my bank I will turn it over to the postal inspectors so they can start an investigation.

Mike

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!