Scary Stuff - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-28-2020, 11:04 AM   #1
JColt
Scary Stuff

The jail where I work had made arrangements to not take in outside prisoners from Apr 1st to Apr 15th so floors could be sanded and re painted. Since coronavirus hit we only have 2 female prisoners and not taking any prisoners in from outside and unless a felony they are doing cite and release.

I started floors. I had cup type mask and worked fairly well but was having hard time getting enough oxygen through. Wednesday and Thursday I switched to surgical type mask. Big mistake!

Thursday night I laid down and had to get up. I felt like I was drowning. Took musinex and stayed up an hour and was able to lay down but kept having feeling I wasn't able to breathe properly.

Last night better. I did wake up about 3 am and was struggling a bit. I re positioned myself and felt better. I tell you Thursday night scared shit out of me.

I told work no more until I get proper mask of 99% and going to wet sand and they'll just have to help clean. Luckily I finished main area's for daily function and can piece meal the other area's when I have time.

Not a good time to have this happen when hospitals are already under staffed and running short of supply's. I need to get it through my thick skull that I'm not young and indestructible anymore.

Old 03-28-2020, 11:38 AM   #2
chrisis697
Scary stuff Joe! That is my scare that god for bid we dodge the virus but have a random emergency & have to be admitted to the hospital but no room cause its filled with covid patients.
My wife is due may 25 so im hoping my local hospital is still good. As of now we have no cases in our local hospital, at least thats what I was told from a worker.
Be safe
Chris

Old 03-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #3
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisis697 View Post
Scary stuff Joe! That is my scare that god for bid we dodge the virus but have a random emergency & have to be admitted to the hospital but no room cause its filled with covid patients.
My wife is due may 25 so im hoping my local hospital is still good. As of now we have no cases in our local hospital, at least thats what I was told from a worker.
Be safe
Chris
I will be thinking of your wife and baby! The good thing is most maternity wards are a hospital with in a hospital. My local hospital has one floor for just maternity and 2 elevators only that stop on that floor and open right in front of nurses station. No one in or out that's not allowed and usually has a beefy security guard on duty. I think they will be fine! Good luck Chris.

Old 03-28-2020, 12:36 PM   #4
Lucille
I hope you are OK Joe, and Chris I hope the labor and delivery is short, safe, and uneventful. You know we want pictures of the baby when you take them.

Old 03-28-2020, 05:22 PM   #5
chrisis697
Thanks Joe! I have heard that bout the maternity ward, thank goodness.
You bet Lucille, we are not finding out the sex either.
Super excited!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!