The Truth Obout The BOI!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-19-2002, 07:11 PM   #1
Gambino
I have been visiting this site for a long time now and it makes me sick to see what is going on. spam_There seems to be a group of people that are trying to maniptulate this site to their advantage if you go against their ideas or anything they say they viciously attack you with no remorse. spam_Most of the time they post their opinions as fact and have no proof to back it. spam_Because they are so tightly nit they all come to each others defense even if the person they are defending is 100% wrong. spam_They like to post on this site because nobody is monitoring them and they have all the freedom they need to talk crap about anybody and eveybody. spam_Here are a few of the people I am talking about:

Neil Gubitz-The Snake Pit

Rob @ RK Reptiles

Ivan Alfonso
spam_
These are the ones that are really pissing me off, Rob and Neil Both sell animals at top dollar and the condition is less than satisfactory

Ivan claims to be this top notch vet but only has a limited amount of experience most of it comming within the last year.

This site has alot of potential, but if you are a new consumer looking to find out spam_information on people you plan to purchase from, my advise to you is to take each post with a grain of salt and call the person your going to deal with to see for yourself what kind of person they are.

P.S There are alot of good companies on this board that have been slammed with no proof, so just do your homework before you do business with people.

Old 10-19-2002, 08:01 PM   #2
poiselle
Posts should contain your full name to avoid having webslave delete it.  Don't chalk this up to censorship if the thread is removed since you did not follow the explicit instructions of the board even though you have been coming here for such a long time.

Old 10-19-2002, 08:12 PM   #3
JERRY TRESSER
Dear Gambino, granted this site may have its difficulties, but substantially less than Kingsnake or other sites. Their may also be more bandwagon responses, but in many cases, valid points are made. Your remarks about Neil however I find bothersome and appears to be more than just a casual remark. As much as I may disagree with you, its ironic that this forum allows you the opportunity to speak your mind and you seem to want to prevent others from doing the same.

Old 10-19-2002, 08:13 PM   #4
Gambino
Mike,
You are correct, I forgot to post my name.

<font size="4">Kevin JACOBSON</font>

Old 10-19-2002, 08:28 PM   #5
Gambino
JERRY TRESSER

I agree with your post 90%. spam_I am only trying to get people to think before they do post a bandwagon responses and look at the facts instead of taking peoples personal opinions and using them like facts. spam_Yes i did say something about

Neil Gubitz @ The snake pit

Rob @ RK Reptiles

Ivan Alfonso

But those were MY OPINIONS and like i said earlier in my post take it with a grain of salt and call these people before you do business with them.

Kevin Jacobson

Old 10-19-2002, 08:36 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Most of the time they post their opinions as fact and have no proof to back it. </td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">These are the ones that are really pissing me off, Rob and Neil Both sell animals at top dollar and the condition is less than satisfactory </td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

Kevin,

I have dealt with both and have no complaints. They delivered what they offered at the price agreed. As far as the price goes it is their prerrogative to ask whatever they feel their animals are worth. It is your option to buy from them or not.

We would have to assume you have also dealt with both and have proof of what you are saying. If not it's just your opinion, not backed by facts which is what you are criticizing of them.

Old 10-19-2002, 08:44 PM   #7
Neil Gubitz
Kevin.... we have never done business together (that I can remember).... even so.... I have no problem with you expressing your opinions??? Knock your socks off!
Obviously.... I think you're wrong!! But, you have every right to it!....
....Neil

Old 10-19-2002, 08:50 PM   #8
Gambino
alvaro,

You were one of the people that I was thinking of adding on my list. I have noticed on alot of other post that you are always right behind Rob & Neil, so i was not surprised to see that you were one of the first to defend them. &nbsp;Before you post your next response &nbsp;you may what to wipe the brown stuff off the tip of your nose.

Kevin Jacobson

Old 10-19-2002, 09:01 PM   #9
HerpVenue
Not to defend anyone or take sides or anything. spam_Heaven forbid I exercise my rights.
But I was wondering if you have anything to back up your opinions?
Because you accused the rest of them of posting their opinions as fact without proof.....then you go do it yourself.

I guess no one is allowed to do it but You?

Just trying to figure you out.
But go ahead and add me to the list if you want.
It is your right to post your opinions and no one should try and stop you. spam_But you should at least let them exercise the same rights you are exercising.

And try not to accuse me of brown nosing.....I post what I think.....not what people want to hear or expect to hear.

Old 10-19-2002, 09:02 PM   #10
Mike and Erica @ MotherGecko
Gambino,
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; I really can't agree with you much on these points however they are of course 'opinion'. &nbsp;I do agree with you that both Neil and Rob post quite more often than the average BOI cruiser. &nbsp;I don't know Ivan but have heard great things about him. &nbsp;I do believe it is their right to post as often as they like if they are making relavence to a thread even if it is opinionated. &nbsp;Just as I think you have the right to post what you feel. &nbsp;But again I can't agree with you saying Rob sells at top dollar prices with conditions being less than satisfactory. &nbsp;I only mention Rob as I have only purchased from him, multiple times. &nbsp;I also believe both Rob and Neil may deserve some slack when posting and do hold some recognition to this site. &nbsp;Just humor me on this point and go to this sites homepage, click on the part in the upper left hand corner where it says Faunaclassified supporters. &nbsp;You'll notice first and sixth on the list both Rob and Neil's businesses. &nbsp;Both being original supporters when this site changed to the new present format. &nbsp;I have met Neil and been in his store and found it more than satisfactory especailly when comparing it to other Pet Stores. &nbsp;I have also been to Robs home and facility and purchased MANY high quailty reptiles time and time. &nbsp;Im a man who believes in fact so im going to do nothing but post pics of a few Chameleons I got directly from Rob and you tell me if they are in less than satisfactory condition. &nbsp;Anyhow just my 2 cents on this whole "truth to the BOI thread". &nbsp;Take care.....Mike

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!