Canned or Not?!? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-19-2007, 09:35 PM   #1
fonzi18
Exclamation Canned or Not?!?

So, at first my beardie wasnt eating and i heard form a friend that he could have internal parasites...i was like WTF ....and then i heard about the amazing parazap...i bought some and gave it to my three beardies and it was like magic two of them had parasites but the one that stopped eatin in the first place didnt...then i read up on it and there were many different reasons why he could not be eattin... and he is gettin way to skinny?.?.? And i want to keep weight on him so i want to get silkies because he loves his worms and they are the most nutritious...So the point is should i get canned or live silkies.????? which would be better???? HELP!!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
Cat_72
Live food is always more nutritious than canned, and if he isn't eating to begin with, he's much more likely to eat something that is moving and wiggling than something that isn't.

If he's not eating to the point that he is getting "way too skinny", and you have all of the husbandry correct, he NEEDS to see a vet.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #3
fonzi18
I probably over exaggerated a bit, but i will asap....its just he use to eat like a monster and now he only eats every two to three days....

Old 02-19-2007, 10:03 PM   #4
Cat_72
How old is he? Could he be going into a bit of a late brumation?

Old 02-19-2007, 10:46 PM   #5
fonzi18
He is About 14 months???? could it be that????

Old 02-19-2007, 10:51 PM   #6
Bar None Reptiles
That could very well be it. But I still would not hesitate to at least get a fecal done if nothing else. This is also about the age where they may cut back eating as frequently.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!