Bad Guy Josh@Outbackreps - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:51 PM   #41
East_Coast
Notice how Josh has not responded any more? That's because nothing more needs to be said.

1. Outback Reptiles offered to give the OP a full refund. Case Closed.
2. Snakes can hatch with kinks (or develop them shortly after hatching) and sometimes these kinks go away. Yes, I've seen it myself. They CAN, sometimes, go away.
3. The OP's pictures are horrible and show almost anything.
4. The OP jumped in and bought snakes from a place (Outback Reptiles) that moves a lot of snakes. They don't play silly games (like the OP is trying to play). I have bought snakes from them before with issues I discovered later. They always work with you.

Later,
Peter Jolles

Old 05-29-2010, 09:54 PM   #42
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by -C@jun- View Post
So I don't see why your saying he didn't deserve a bad guy thread/a bad review. He falsified a ad! I see it he lied to me. Why didn't he list her on here like he does the rest of his snakes. Why did he delete his thread on the orange ghost males after I confronted him about my situation? Weather or not he overlooked it or not! This is his job! This is how he makes money. If you mess up at work you think boss man should pay for it? Most of the time they would but theres always the chance he will dock pay fire you etc. Maybe I should of called him from the get go about my concerns but I didn't know. She was real flat when I got her and it seemed like she just needed a couple meals.

Come on put yourself in my shoes. I'm just diving into this stuff this is my second snake. Second one in a month! so i'm a rookie. I don't know the whole anatomy and defects involving the inbreeding of the morphs. i know basic care. I'm learning faster then i wanted due to the trouble.

What I learned from this is I will never buy online again. I've lost faith that business can be conducted over the internet properly. Look at the Wise's took a bunch of you for a ride there.

I realize that you are new to this hobby and hope that you will not really "give up buying anything online", but that is of course your prerogative. Josh offering to take the snake back and give you a FULL REFUND is exactly why I say that he does not deserve a Bad Guy thread for this.

I don't know Josh personally so I have no reason to take up for him, other than the fact that he is offering to make right something that may or may not have been missed by him or one of his staff. I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED is my reason for say may or may not, but I really do NOT think that he did this intentionally. They move A LOT of snakes. The more business you do, the more "mistakes" that can happen. It's how the seller resolves a bad situation that you really need to look at.

As far as the ad that you have mentioned several times, I do remember the ad. It was an ad for a male green ghost and a male orange ghost, both with an admitted kink in the tail and both offered for a great price for a ghost (also labeled as "pet only").

I put myself in anyone's shoes before I make a post like this. I'm not trying to come down on you or make you look like a bad guy (other than what I said about your language not being professional; however, I've seen no more of that--thank you!). Had Josh not made any attempt to make this right after 2 weeks, I still can't say I would label him a bad guy. Since he DID offer after that time frame, I definitely say that he is NOT a Bad Guy for this incident.

Again, if you have decided not to take Josh up on a refund and keep this ghost that you fell in love with, you are the one determining the outcome of this situation. If you're going to do that, I hope that you get full enjoyment out of your new pet, but I also hope that you do not breed her. Of course the trip to your vet may determine that not to be a problem. I sincerely wish you the best of luck when you visit your vet!! I have no idea what that might turn out to be, but I'm hoping for the best for you and your animal.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:55 PM   #43
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by -C@jun- View Post
So I don't see why your saying he didn't deserve a bad guy thread.
You are a rookie by your own admission. You haven't taken your little guy to the vet so no one is really sure what is going on. Is it a kink? Is it an injury? I don't know.

I think you should get the facts first prior to coming out and blasting your seller. We don't know if it is genetic, or whether it is an injury which happened in your care, or exactly what the problem is. All we know for sure is that your seller has generously offered you a full refund and you appear to be wanting to have your cake and eat it too.

If ya love the lil critter and are going to keep him no matter what, take him to the vet. Then scan the vet report and show us. THEN it might be time to talk. Until then, you are just blowing smoke up, so get the facts.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:48 PM   #44
garweft
I have a hard time with the idea that you were satisfied with your purchase till you found out you could have got a kinked on for 1/3 the price.

You got the snake on the 14th, never said a word about any problems. Then today you see an add for some kinked ghosts for $75 and get mad cause you paid $300. Called trying to get a partial refund to reduce what you paid for your 'beloved pet" of 2 weeks, and when you found out all you could do was return it for a full refund got mad and decided to try to give them a black mark.

Honestly, people that are serious reptile buyers and sellers will easily see right through this. To be honest this post is already a black mark against you in my mind. Last thing I need is an unreasonable buyer coming back 2 weeks after having an animal they were satisfied with demanding a refund. I am actually surprised they offered you anything since it has been 15 DAYS. That says a lot about their willingness to stand behind their animals.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:32 PM   #45
HyderHouseHerps
That tiny bump doesn't even appear to be a kink that would affect anything. All it looks like is a bump. It could be anything, scar tissue, excess calcium deposits, etc. You really need a diagnosis before you have a leg to stand on.
Most sellers offer a 1 week health guarantee MAX so you are lucky he's even willing to take it back after two weeks. And if it's a beloved pet, why is the money even an issue? You can not put a price on a bond.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #46
chongorojo
This is rediculos, Josh is great and I commend him for offering anything after TWO WEEKS! To the OP your "love" for this animal has no bearings on how Josh must conduct himself per his employers rules and you have no idea how many animals Josh deals with on a daily basis... (guess what, ITS A TON) so mistakes can happen and will so..first off I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF HYPO LINE THAT KINKS DUE TO GENETICS. Second what josh offered is more than fair especially after TWO WEEKS! Offering a refund is being a good guy not a bad one as you posted here and is MORE than reasonable.

I'M GOING TO GO OUT ON A LIMB here and bet my .02 cents on it being URATES based on where it is and his discriptions of it being round..

Old 05-30-2010, 12:01 AM   #47
chongorojo
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
I have a hard time with the idea that you were satisfied with your purchase till you found out you could have got a kinked on for 1/3 the price.

You got the snake on the 14th, never said a word about any problems. Then today you see an add for some kinked ghosts for $75 and get mad cause you paid $300. Called trying to get a partial refund to reduce what you paid for your 'beloved pet" of 2 weeks, and when you found out all you could do was return it for a full refund got mad and decided to try to give them a black mark.

Honestly, people that are serious reptile buyers and sellers will easily see right through this. To be honest this post is already a black mark against you in my mind. Last thing I need is an unreasonable buyer coming back 2 weeks after having an animal they were satisfied with demanding a refund. I am actually surprised they offered you anything since it has been 15 DAYS. That says a lot about their willingness to stand behind their animals.
never even thought of that... Great post Matt!

Old 05-30-2010, 01:31 AM   #48
-C@jun-
I think everyone is forgetting Josh just sells the reptiles. Anyone who has done business with him should know this. He told me he goes to the guy picks the ones he thinks can sell buys them and lists them. In his so much of words. All of a sudden he is professional? When I bought mine all he could tell me was ghost/het ghost were the parents he thinks. He doesn't know what he is selling unless someone tells him.
Read fellas I'm not going to repeat myself AGAIN. I have put it down. I have come back and put it in bold. I have underlined it still can't keep the story straight.
Heres the best shots I can get with my camera. When this bone/kink is pushed any its like a wart on her. What it looks like anyway. Feels like a 1/8" bar sticking sideways over the vent.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:16 AM   #49
cinderbird
-C@jun-.. hold her farther away from the camera or turn on the macro setting. Those pics dont show anything clearly.

And for the 10th time, Josh already offered you a FULL REFUND 2 weeks after the purchase date. That, like someone else stated, is almost unheard of in this industry. After some amount of time breeders/sellers really dont know what happens to an animal in the hands of its new owner.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:35 AM   #50
Red Eyed Three
I don't understand why you haven't taken it to a vet if you are so worried....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!