The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020 - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:46 AM   #151
Black Adder
Sad but not surprising and I would just like to thank you for the many years of dedication to the BOI and the adversity it generated at times .

It will be missed by those who know it will be missed.... if you know what I mean.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:07 PM   #152
WebSlave
I have to honestly say that I certainly won't miss all the headaches.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:59 PM   #153
Black Adder
On that point I would concede!

Good luck with your future.

Still be around as long as Fauna is around buying and selling.

Much preferable to that other rag………..

Old 05-07-2019, 12:35 PM   #154
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Just a note to let people know that I have created a temporary pass membership (BOI Participant) that allows a user to access the BOI for 7 days (1 week) for $5 during these last months that the Board of Inquiry will be remaining on this site. My thoughts on this are that there may be members who would like to access the BOI, but did not have an active paid membership prior to 02-02-2019, and not find it worthwhile to pay a regular membership for just the remaining time it will still be here. So I think it fair to give them an option that might better suit their needs in the limited time the BOI will still be available.
After due reflection, I decided this was a waste of time and effort. The BOI (in all it's forms here) will be gone on 02-02-2020. So no sense overly complicating things. I've seen all I need to see. I had hoped perhaps the restricted access would be a signal flare that would mean something to some people not aware of the future plans for the ending of the BOI, but apparently, this will be a an insignificant event for the overwhelming majority of registered members here. Oh well, can't say I didn't at least try.

Accordingly, I have just reopened the BOI forums as they used to be to all members, since it really doesn't matter anyway now. This decision is now set in stone.

Honestly, had I not made a commitment to keep the BOI open for paying members as of 02-02-2019, I would shut the Board of Inquiry down right now and be done with it. But it is what it is.

Sorry about the apparent waffling trying to figure out the best way to handle this.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:40 PM   #155
Akiranar
On question. Once the BOA is gone, you will be deleting everything? Not archiving any of it? I feel that some threads might be worth keeping. But I understand if you just delete everything.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #156
Akiranar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiranar View Post
On question. Once the BOA is gone, you will be deleting everything? Not archiving any of it? I feel that some threads might be worth keeping. But I understand if you just delete everything.
Okay. More than one question. Sorry.

Old 05-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #157
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiranar View Post
Just out of curiosity, "worth keeping" to whom?

Old 05-07-2019, 04:27 PM   #158
Akiranar
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, "worth keeping" to whom?
I'm mainly wondering about some of the big threads. Like the Ty Park's one. I know some people still refer to it in some groups when people ask about him.

Old 05-07-2019, 04:28 PM   #159
dieselfan
Quote:
After due reflection, I decided this was a waste of time and effort. The BOI (in all it's forms here) will be gone on 02-02-2020. So no sense overly complicating things. I've seen all I need to see. I had hoped perhaps the restricted access would be a signal flare that would mean something to some people not aware of the future plans for the ending of the BOI, but apparently, this will be a an insignificant event for the overwhelming majority of registered members here. Oh well, can't say I didn't at least try.

Accordingly, I have just reopened the BOI forums as they used to be to all members, since it really doesn't matter anyway now. This decision is now set in stone.

Honestly, had I not made a commitment to keep the BOI open for paying members as of 02-02-2019, I would shut the Board of Inquiry down right now and be done with it. But it is what it is.

Sorry about the apparent waffling trying to figure out the best way to handle this.
Sorry but I don’t buy any of this as a valid reason(s). Recently Facebook had a massive crackdown on all animal sales and has deleted many Reptile groups. I have noticed a big influx of users online here on fauna just in the last week. Personally I feel the BOI is a priceless tool for the online herp community. It really sucks to see it go. I am sure the scammers and scumbags are relieved to hear that their past transgressions are about to be wiped clean from record. One them even had the audacity to come to one these threads and hint about possible coming legal trouble for the owner of the site. As much as I dislike this person I think they were telling the truth. Rich, would you like to come forward and admit that’s why you are getting rid of the BOI? Have you been served with papers or have you received paperwork from a law firm giving you a last chance to delete the BOI or run the risk of being sued? I look forward to reading your reply. Thanks!

Old 05-07-2019, 04:33 PM   #160
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
After due reflection, I decided this was a waste of time and effort. The BOI (in all it's forms here) will be gone on 02-02-2020.

GOOD REDDENS!

You and Connie take a well deserved break....

Maybe then, you can cut back on Excedrin.

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!