Abnormality? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #31
Focal
Yeah, that's crap. All he's going to do is sell that snake to someone else and still make almost all profit on your dime.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #32
Willow
Yea that's pretty lame. He should be offering you a full refund and half the return shipping at the very least. (since you never would have had the animal shipped to you in the first place if you had known of the issue, so the original shipping shouldn't even be in question)

Bad move I'd say...Maybe an Info BOI when this is all done would be in order. That's up to you of course. I would personally be interested in knowing, since I had a similar experience as you and would be interested to see if it was the same breeder or not.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #33
p8ntballrman
stevek - There is options as far as getting some resolution on shipping. If you used a credit card or went through paypal there are options in place to help you get funds back you think were wrongly charged.

As far as the shipper not returning shipping charges and not paying for shipping back is absurd. This means you are paying (most likely) around 100 dollars to return an animal that is genetically defective and was not disclosed at time of purchase.

The shipper should take responsibility for the mistake and make sure you are not out any money through the transaction. Anything less would be extremely poor customer service and would never get my business.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #34
stevek123
I paid $75 for 2 Bp's in shipping. So in fairness, 1/2 of the shipping out to me is really for the other BP. All I can do is ask if he will pay for all the return shipping and 1/2 of the inbound shipping. I don't want to get "pissy" with the guy over this either, I just would like to return him. I will let everyone know what happens and thanks so much for all your input too.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #35
densnake1
If someone passed off an obvious defect like that, and expected me to pay ANY of the shipping their name would be on the BOI. I would expect the original shipping to be reimbursed. A defective animal or product should not cost the uninformed buyer anything.
Dennis

Old 03-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #36
densnake1
Steve got his post up before i finished mine.lol I would expect some kind of solution for the original shipping and none of the return shipping.
Dennis

Old 03-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #37
hhmoore
Realistically, unless it is big enough to have required a bigger box, there wouldn't be a significant change in shipping costs...since you were already paying shipping for another snake, I can understand him not refunding that shipping over this. Half of the shipping to you, while a nice gesture, isn't an accurate reflection of cost in most cases (again, depending on the sizes of the two snakes; but, even with a substantial difference and a bigger box, it takes a lot to double shipping costs with one snake). As a customer, under the circumstances, I would not request a refund on that portion of the shipping. As far as the return shipping, half is better than nothing....but it certainly doesn't say "You're right, I shouldn't have sent that snake" - but then, you already said the seller shrugged it off as no big deal.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #38
snowboalover
I really appreciate your response of the matter...you have the same mentality as me. Thanks for speaking the philosophy we both share....

Old 03-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #39
stevek123
Both were hatchling size, so the box size/shipping wt would not /should not effect shipping cost for one vs two.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #40
Randy F
Steve, you already know how I feel on customer service. You bought two so inbound shipping is all on you. He SHOULD pay ALL of the return shipping because it is a snake that would not have been sent to you had he disclosed. It is just as unfair for him to expect you to pay half of the shipping back to him and it would be for you to expect half of the shipping to you back. I would tell you that you have your head somewhere if you wanted that original shipping back just as I will tell him he does if he does not eat all the return shipping. Plus on his end, all it takes is the hint of your name and guess how many possible customers you will lose instantly. Is it worth the extra $35 to keep your name clean? I have people I wont even look at their stuff because they sold a snake that they said they would hold for a friend while he went to get the money but was offered a little more. This is worse because your dishonest not just a jerk!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!