Albino Sale - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Ball Pythons

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #21
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasio
Fed Ex will guarantee the animal if you get reptile certified thru them and their company attorney.
In reading at the paperwork I have they specifically claim that there are no guarantees.

Regards.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:14 AM   #22
SPJ
Even with the waiver Fed Ex will not guarentee the animals. It only allows you to use them to ship. It's up to the seller to guarentee live arrival.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:52 AM   #23
bcherps
Or use a company that guarantees live arrival such as Delta dash, and several private courier companies.

thanks
ben
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-18-2008, 01:00 AM   #24
TripleMoonsExotic
Delta Dash isn't an option for everyone.
If a seller can't guarantee live arrival no matter the courier service, I certainly pass no matter how good the deal looks. That makes it too easy for a seller to send a dead or sick animal and blame it on the shipping (not implying you would at all, just making a point).

Out of curiosity, what private courier companies are there that would handle reptile shipping?

Old 02-18-2008, 01:37 AM   #25
The BoidSmith
Quote:
If a seller can't guarantee live arrival no matter the courier service, I certainly pass no matter how good the deal looks.
In agreement 100%; I immediately dismiss those ads and/or TOS that state they are not responsible for carriers delays/mistakes.

Regards,

Old 02-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #26
jnjreptile
Is this the classifieds or shipping discushion forum?
(Not trying to step out of line but it has gotten off the topic at hand)

Old 02-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #27
TripleMoonsExotic
Ben has been more then willing to answer our questions on why he doesn't doesn't offer live arrival. Since Delta Dash isn't an option for me, I would like to know what private courier services will make deliveries for him if I so choose to purchase one of his lovely ball pythons.

Their is also nothing wrong with us correcting false information about FedEx guarantees.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #28
HerpAficionado
Ok well do you want to trade straight up for a female albino ball for my female ghost hypo? Are yours high contrast? Thanks

Old 02-21-2008, 10:35 PM   #29
casadelgecko
are they eating live of F/T , still have them ?

Old 02-22-2008, 12:06 AM   #30
bcherps
Yes, I still have a few and they are on adult breeder mice live. Although they will take f/t off tongs if you wiggle it a bit.

To triple and boid. I do understand your stances, but it also is exceptionally easy for a buyer to scam me. The paypal chargeback, the cc chargeback, the switcheroo with a rock/empty box/something they already had in the freezer.

Ask JNJ, he had a few baby balls die on a large shipment to him, and a single boa on a second shipment, in almost all cases I guaranteed them. If you are a known dealer or licensed dealer I will more then readily guarantee live arrival, but to an unknown unlicensed jobber or a pet keeper I am more apt to run into trouble. A dealer buys multiple animals, knows how to take care of them, and usually has reliable means to obtain the shipment on thier end. They know the varience of quality, and expect what they pay for.

The scenerio is becoming more and more difficult to make a sale to pet keepers and individual animal buyers. They expect to get wholesale pricing and then dicker for reduced or free shippng cost, they buy one animal at a time, want 27 pics, 17 emails, take forever to pay, are are super quick to bitch. I have had several people , including one this year decide it wasn't convient for him to go to the airport so he waited until the next afternoon. Should it be my fault if an animal perished when he intentionally delayed the shipment by 18hours by simply not picking it up due to convience.

Also to send one animal it still costs me the same for the insulated box, the heat packs, the time and gas for me to go to the shipping facility. So it makes it more cost effective to sell mulitple animals to dealers then single animals to the public.

Also shops still understand the seasonal costs of animals, and that a little extra size costs more money. The public is more and more consistently deciding that becuase they saw an animal on someone elses "fire sale" list that the current price should be that price. I had someone this week tell me that they only pay 7.25 for balls in april, so that is what I should be selling my 07s for now.

As far as sending sick animals-that can be avoided by:

1. asking for close up pics with a date reference, which I have never denied a pic request.

2. Only dealing with established reputable businesses
3. make sure they have positive feedback on forums
4. Get references and check them out
5. If they claim to be a business, check them out for a website, phone listing, or check thier states business listings to make sure they are legit
6. Get the agreement written out even if in an email but make sure they put thier info on it
7. Expect to get what you pay for. If its too good to be true it usually is.
8. Do a little digging on how long they have had thier contact info.

I have had my same email since 2000, my same adress since 2001, and my same phone number since 2001. Guess I am not trying to hide from anyone.

For private couriers, just look in your local yellow pages, or talk to the local trucking companies. I have sent snakes to be hand delivered with rodent company trucks, letter/document carrier services, a bike messanger when I was living outside of boston, and several different truckers (both known to the company and hidden from the company).

I just used a reptile dealer-Dale Mitchell-as a courier on a $16k animal trade between a wholesaler and myself. Dale even took a pastel ball as payment-get fedex or delta to take balls as payment. The shipment was over 12 boxes of animals several containing adult balls, and adult boas and weight 20-30 pounds. This shipment would have cost well over $200 for delta or $300-400 for fedex. A pastel ball was much cheaper and the animals were attended for the whole time.

Thanks
ben
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread