YIKES! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #1
GottaLuvHerps
YIKES!

Hey, all of you "hot snake" people , please check this out and see what you can do for this guy! He is advertising a king cobra on CRAIGSLIST for god's sake! I already posted up a warning for people to see publicly, but obviously this guy is going to do what he has to and sell this thing to anyone he can, experienced or not. I say that mainly because he is using CL as his avenue for selling.
Just thought I would put the word out, maybe someone is looking for one of these? Thanks!

http://york.craigslist.org/for/706830572.html

Kelly Kordek

Old 06-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
RyanT
Totally trying to rip people off too. I don't keep cobras, but I think albino monacleds are like $200. He doesn't even know what he's talking about. Obviously a moron, but I really can't see him getting very far with it. I have to assume there aren't a whole lot of people out there willing to spend 8 grand on a cobra, no questions asked.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:58 AM   #3
Fangthane
He's only 1 county to the west of me so I wrote him letting him know what his snake is really worth and made an offer on it. Love to know where he got the idea that they're worth 8000 a piece..I have a couple normals I'd gladly part with for the bargain basement price of only 2500 each.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:03 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
i saved the images from the ad, just in case

Old 06-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #5
GottaLuvHerps
Thanks guys!

As I said before, I am COMPLETELY clueless when it comes to hot snakes, but I DO know how people are, and might see this as some "cool thing" to drop some money on to impress someone, and someone ends up getting hurt. More importantly, the SNAKE ends up getting hurt because of someone being stupid and careless.
Dan, where are you in PA? I am in Northern York County, up closer to Harrisburg. Just curious.

Kelly Kordek

Old 06-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #6
Fangthane
I live in Lancaster County. Down closer to Maryland.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #7
LadyOhh
Wow... That is very interesting..

Horrible pics, too...

Old 06-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #8
wcreptiles
I think it's a fake, ripoff or troll.

Quote:

... albino monal cobra....

... she is defanged! but they can grow back but i know they are not grown back....
Can't spell monocle (monal), say she's defanged, if he owned a venomoid he would know they had their ducts and glands removed not fangs ripped out.

Doesn't have any idea what the snake is worth and doesn't know a thing about snakes "(you must be very snake friendly to own this kind of pet)".

Old 06-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #9
Fangthane
It's most likely a total BS ad but I decided to reply just in case it's for real and he just honestly doesn't know anything. No reply yet..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!