Lucille, Didn't know ya had birds! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Birds.

Old 01-23-2005, 07:39 PM   #1
Karen Hulvey
Lucille, Didn't know ya had birds!

Lucille:

I just read in another post that you have 14 birds. Wow. What kinds? Are you a breeder?

I raise peachfaced lovebirds, society and zebra finches and have 1 pr of Timneh African Greys.

Old 01-23-2005, 08:41 PM   #2
Lucille
Karen, I hope you and I will be good friends as I see you are a 'bird person' too. I have a zoo here at my house, reptiles, fish ,birds, dog, cat...lol
I have everything from parakeets to lories to an umbrella 'too named Moosie; birds are very special to me.
In fact, I think everything is very special to me. Fauna in particular is special to me, but I've got enough to do here at the house, thank goodness I don't hafta cage and feed everyone here......
I actually have one little peachface that is handicapped. He is colorful and spunky and loves to play with his little bird toys.
And, no I'm not a breeder (unless you count my 2 sons lol) these are my pets.
I'm glad you are here, and a bird person, Karen.

Old 01-23-2005, 11:50 PM   #3
Karen Hulvey
Hey great, another bird person. Yay! I, too, have birds, snakes, 3 lizards, 2 tortoises and cats. No dogs or kids, however.
The peachfaced LB is my favorite bird. I have them in a ton of different colors. I'm working with breeding the "blue" morphs.

I have a PF that is handicapped. He is splay legged and I could not fix it when he was a baby. He gets around normally and is just a sweetie. I also have Spitfire and Wilma as my pet LBs. Here's a couple of pictures of Wilma.
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2005, 06:02 AM   #4
Lucille
Wilma is a cutie!!
Any other readers of this thread have birds? Tell about them!

Old 02-08-2005, 10:42 PM   #5
NewEnglandReptile
MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Here is "Rafiki-Chuy-Pepe le Tweet-Alfonso-Junebug-the-Third" - aka "THE FEEK!" aka my Mister Mighty Metal Monster Munchkin Meatball Man. 100% USDA Certified Spoiled Rotten Brat. Aka "he who rules all that is cute & monstrous & demonic and meatball-ish."

THE FEEK! was my first PF & I just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE him! Hatched here, now 2 years old (as of Jan. 7th).

Here he is carousing with our resident "Usual Suspects:"

Enjoy!

Kara

Old 02-08-2005, 11:15 PM   #6
Karen Hulvey
Wow, I love lovebirds. The Feek is a pretty guy. My favorite bird is the lovebird.

Do you breed lovebirds? I ask this because that Dutch blue is a very young bird.

Is that a Princess of Wales Parakeet? It's beautiful.

Here's a pic of some of the babies that I'm handfeeding. They're just about weaned.

Old 02-08-2005, 11:23 PM   #7
Karen Hulvey
Okay here it is.

Old 02-08-2005, 11:33 PM   #8
NewEnglandReptile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
Wow, I love lovebirds. The Feek is a pretty guy. My favorite bird is the lovebird.

Do you breed lovebirds? I ask this because that Dutch blue is a very young bird.

Is that a Princess of Wales Parakeet? It's beautiful.

Here's a pic of some of the babies that I'm handfeeding. They're just about weaned.
The Feek says "THANK YOU!!!" (which is unlike him - he is often cocky) . Lovebirds are just the greatest little feathered things on Earth, aren't they????

We do breed them...in addition to the normal PF's we've recently started branching out into the various color mutations. The Dutch Blue - "Germ" (Kev's bird) is maybe 4 months old in that pic, and such a little sweetie pie!

And yes, that is our male Princess of Wales - "Lola" (seemed appropriate), along with Nigel, the English budgie. We're hoping to find a girlfriend for Lola sometime soon, as I'm DYING to hand raise some POW keets. Lola has one of the best vocabularies of any bird I've met to date, and he's a royal - albeit somewhat neurotic - flirt!

I sent you an e-mail about lovebirds earlier this evening...let me know if it shows up.

Thanks for all the kind words - can't wait to see more pics of some of your babies. Wilma is just a swoony DOLLFACE!

K~

Old 02-08-2005, 11:34 PM   #9
Karen Hulvey
Whyyyyy??? My pictuers aren't working.

DOH! I didn't resize it. It was HUGE and I guess that's why it wouldn't load here.
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2005, 11:37 PM   #10
Karen Hulvey
I'm working on the blue series birds. I also am working on the orange faced ones too. Here's a pic of some violet babies. It's not the best posed pic but those little turkeys wouldn't sit still for a second. That was taken about a week ago and as they feather out they're becoming real beauties.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!