Toucans?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > Birds For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Birds For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #1
Getallica13
Toucans??

Anyone have or know anyone who will sell toucans, Ive always been interested in getting one. please email me at
gsheldon@dbq.edu
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-12-2006, 07:56 PM   #2
crimsonexotics
Good luck....they are not always the nicest birds, expensive as all hell, and are not easy to find, some states even ban them. again good luck though I hope you find one.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:21 PM   #3
glider
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonexotics
Good luck....they are not always the nicest birds, expensive as all hell, and are not easy to find, some states even ban them. again good luck though I hope you find one.
Actually, toucans make very nice pets and can be just as friendly as your other feathered friends. Any type of bird in the world is not always the nicest. There friendliness depends on the way you take care of them and spend time with them, just like any other type of bird. Toucans, when handraised, can be very loving, affectionate birds. They are on the more expensive size but are WELL worth it.

here is a link to a great breeder, they are well known and there site is worth reading through, it has their care, diet, etc:

http://www.summersbirds.com/toucans/toucans.htm

I wish you luck!!

Old 11-16-2006, 07:57 PM   #4
jokenbbt
TOUCANS TOUCANS WARNING WARNING.....I spent nearly 30 days talking to Summers ,first name is Armando , all he did was bad mouth Jerry Jenning of the famous EMERALD GARDENS so I went to Jerry Jennings he had me ready to buy a pair of breeding Quality ( after 3 days of questions)CURL CRESTED guaranteed BONDED pair. When ask if they where a good pair he said yes but if they really lay-ed egg's I would keep them myself!!! RIGHT IN E-MAIL RESPONSE)Honest ....then jerry tried to get hand fed prices instead of wild prices per his own price list!!!!He told me I could not get near these birds as they where so wild I said well your charging me had fed prices and they are no pair just because they are bonded! I understand alittle bit about bird breeding I have been doing it for 46 years but I failed to tell some people that!!!! So I go back to ARMANDO Summers he as well as Jerry both tried to push off a pair of young EMERALDS Acaria but I read what little I can find and they are mean and unfriendly towards other birds!!!and frequently ya gotta separate between hatches for damage to one or the other bird! So I wanted a pair of Green Acaria very nice bird 180 grams..but because Summers had none, I was stupid for asking, He had sent me a price list. He did not realize I would of waited a year for the right pair and seeing them on his list but just not available. I mean he acted as if I was a fool because if ya bad moth somebody the way he badmouthed jerryjenning who is all over in record books when it comes to TOUCANS as you have to go Thur Summers or Emerald Gardens for these birds because they are the most prominent breeders. Last but not least they do not talk and at 15 years your lucky they lived that long. Until more is ;earned by less money hungry people I am afraid of becoming a TOUCAN Man....... they purr like cats!!!

Old 11-16-2006, 08:19 PM   #5
Lizardmen3477
I have been looking for toucans as well who is best person so buy from a have a few ones i could buy from but i want a good breeder or atleast good bird.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:50 PM   #6
jokenbbt
google Emerald Gardens its a .com Jerry's jenning sight is awesome and he is the man !!! or go to Summers and see where he calls 100,00...Bucks worth of DEAD Toucans a bad day!!! Ya gotta give Amondo credit he puts them in earther walled cages with solar system roof panels ! Both guys are a must see sight do not get me wrong! Toucan

Old 02-07-2007, 09:36 PM   #7
MiamiExotics
I have toucans available occasionally, but only swainsons. I get 2,000-2,500ea for them if interested to be put on the list when I have more , let me know.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:46 PM   #8
Lizardmen3477
srry to high i can find them cheaper thanks

Old 02-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #9
MiamiExotics
Mine are TRUE cbb babies, not imports like most.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:42 PM   #10
Intense Herpetoculture
Does anyone still import swainsons? It's been a few years since I've seen WC adults, then I paid about $750-$900.00 a bird. Also, there seems to be fewer bird importers now then in 2000, where have they all gone? Are they just in hiding, I've been trying to find a source of several species of WC birds, hornbills, toucans, crocodile birds, etc.

As for keeping toucans, I had a keel billed for quite a few years, wonderful handfeed animal. I got it for about $3500.00, I've seen the price jump to about $5000 in the past few years. Would like to get another, guess I see if I get there again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread