Good Guy Deobra Martin - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:38 PM   #41
deobra2869
She actually just responded to my email. would anybody like me to post it??

Old 02-13-2011, 11:43 PM   #42
hhmoore
I'd rather see her post for herself, personally.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:44 PM   #43
deobra2869
that is fine

Old 02-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #44
scratchypen
It seems there is some controversy over the super pastel that we sold to Debora, mostly propagated by party's who display no interest in purchasing the snake.
We sold our snake as a super because we believe he is a super. As stated earlier in this thread we have a guarantee on our snakes genetics and sex and it would make no sense to sell a snake and have to refund the money two years later if it turns out not to be a super.
Yes there are pastels that look better than our super, now Deobras, but that is why we sold him for 250 when super males were going for around 500 last year. However when you compare him and his super sister to their clutch mates the difference is obvious
If anyone is legitimately interested in purchasing this snake and has questions about his genetics they are more than welcome to contact us.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #45
DeeRa
So do you guarantee this snake to be a super to the person who purchases it from Deobrah?

Old 02-14-2011, 01:07 AM   #46
deobra2869
I am glad that is cleared up now if only it hadn't cost me a good guy thread pretty much saying I am not a good guy and a liar things would be awesome

Old 02-14-2011, 02:14 AM   #47
zn394
This thread has become another example of why so many people in the reptile community do not participate here. What Deobra has done at worst is make statements/posts that are either misstated or based on lack of experience. In this thread I think it is the latter.

I bought 3 boas that were sold as albino jungles, it was a reverse trio. The female is the only one I was interested in, but the 3 cost the same as one albino jungle when I bought them. I decided to keep the female and one of the males and sell the 2nd male. I posted him on craigslist as an albino jungle male. One of the responses I got asked if there was a guarantee on the genetics. It made me think. Now there is no question the snake is a male and an albino, but the jungle part is more subjective. So I decided it is best to call him an albino possible jungle.

Was I trying to scam anyone? No. Was I lying? No. Lying or scamming implies that the truth is known but not disclosed. Had I posted this snake as an albino jungle on faunaclassified, would I have deserved to be berated and practically destroyed simply because I am still learning? NO! Would I have been attacked as Deobra and others have been simply because I am still learning? Quite likely, yes.

There are certain people on here that seem to find more joy in discovering the bad in people. I have learned that, for the most part, there is good in almost everyone if I only look for it. If I see someone doing something foolish or uninformed, do I go straight to an attack? No, I think whether there might be another reason for their words/actions and if so, offer some constructive criticism. I quit bashing twenty some years ago when I realized how damaging and nonconstructive it is.

The BOI is part of a small community within the reptile industry, and as such is likely relatively unknown or ignored by the vast majority of those in this hobby/business, as that is the nature of any community. Passion is often a good thing but as is the case with most things in life, can be taken too far. I have enough to deal with in my life without looking for drama - especially if the situation has nothing to do with me. "Live and let live" are wonderful words to live by and go far toward reducing whatever stress is already in my life. Point being: it is good to look out for the other guy, but understand where you stand in the big picture - you're really not that important. And just how hard is it to try to be nice? Is vindictive and petty really easier? I don't think so.

Deobra, had I been interested in a super, I would have simply passed on your ad. IF that is a super, there are way too many examples out there that are much nicer. But you already know that. As you have stated, I would have been able to read the ad, make a decision, and move on. No need for ever how many pages this thread is or will become. In my opinion, the best way to phrase your ad is to tell your story, but label it as a pastel and take the hit. I'm going to have to do the with my boa.

As for those of you who latch onto something or someone and can't let it go, try getting over yourselves and learning some "live and let live". You'll sleep better .

Jeff Culp

Old 02-14-2011, 02:21 AM   #48
chongorojo
Jeff, Well said man. But to put this back on track... Deb bought my Enchi female paid before she said she was going to and was pleasant! Great transaction. Thanks again Deobra!

Old 02-14-2011, 02:33 AM   #49
deobra2869
thank you jeff Brian it was an absolute pleasure to do business with you. I love my enchi. She is outstanding and has become more and more colorful (not to mention she has grown tremendously and would eat me out of house and home if I let her ) I have her posted in the ball python discussion forum if you would like to see how she has progressed

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=226669

I honestly can not wait to do business with you again brian let me know if you have anything good especially your outstanding mojos

Old 02-14-2011, 07:45 AM   #50
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchypen View Post
controversy
It was good of you to come post to this thread.

Controversy and questions are not necessarily bad things, sometimes what comes out of talking about whether or not a particular animal is a certain morph is a better understanding of morphs, and perhaps, pricing.

After all, even the best breeders have questions about morphs from time to time; and if they do, certainly us mere mortals are entitled to our questions as well....

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...hlight=shantel

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!