Bad Guy Ian Curtis - Stolen African House Snakes - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #111
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Lastly, Ian brought the khs into this.
This is exactly correct. He tried to throw several members "Friends" under the bus and now it is being said it is NOT a KHS matter? Whaaaatever. The fact that several members involved are part of the KHS MAKES it a KHS matter. Those people represent this herp society. Like it or not. And the fact that the potential VP of the society is the person being brought to light in this issue... I THINK that is a pretty blatant point to consider.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #112
laterob
Like I said, he is a representative of the group. Listen, if any officer of any public organization had such an issue brought up, they'd be suspended, no? What if somebody on the Board of a non-profit was accused of theft?

Seems they'd want to distance themselves from this, not by ignoring it, but be suspending him. They're complicit, as far as I am concerned.

Why does he need a lawyer? So he can feel better about this theft?

Old 12-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #113
DavidBeard
If anyone honestly thinks Ian has an attorney at this point, I have some farmland in Florida I'd love to sell you. Ian does not have anyone's mailing address.....how is he going to have his alleged lawyer "mail them" notification of his/her involvement? Why will he not provide the name or contact info of his alleged lawyer?

He is following the scammer/thief/scumbag textbook to a perfect 'T'......ignoring, shifting blame, lying, bringing other people into his wheelhouse, making them look bad, claims about lawyers, deaths in the family.....I mean come on, this sounds and looks utterly ridiculous. Nobody with half a brain believes him.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #114
jaygib9
I get that he's a member, and by affiliation, some people are wanting to claim the KHS is taking his side. That's not the case, the KHS is trying to stay out of it, hence deletions of posts, etc... I'm not the one deleting posts, but I concur that it's in the best interest of the club to allow them to resolve it their own way without our intervention. I am an officer of the KHS, but as I've said, I wasn't there, I didn't witness it, it's not my place to say either way. People are judging based on opinions, instead of fact, nobody knows what happened other than Sarah and Ian. Regardless of who pays the lawyer, if it's brought to court, they make a solemn vow to speak the truth. I'm just watching to see how it works out. Because he called on friends that are in the KHS makes it a KHS matter? Unless the KHS specifically states that it/we are involved, then it's an outside matter.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #115
nickolasanastasiou
Lack of admission to involvement is not equivalent to lack of involvement. Statement of non-involvement is not equivalent to lack of involvement.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #116
laterob
Not about taking sides. It's about the organization being transparent. Suspend his position pending resolution.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #117
jaygib9
Honestly, I'm the webmaster for the KHS, it'd take a vote to suspend his position, and I don't hold the reins of the club. That'd be a Presidential decision.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #118
laterob
I appreciate that, Justin. Thanks for your honesty.

I believe, the way this is going, it should be considered.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #119
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygib9 View Post
Honestly, I'm the webmaster for the KHS, it'd take a vote to suspend his position, and I don't hold the reins of the club. That'd be a Presidential decision.
Playing politics and evading reality just like the big boys do.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #120
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygib9 View Post
Funny. The president tried to help him out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!