Bad Guy Ian Curtis - Stolen African House Snakes - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #121
jaygib9
The soon to be president offered to mediate, nothing more. Playing politics and evading reality huh? What makes you so damn high and mighty? You're nothing more than a mouth Lucille, trying to start trouble. I've been honest and straightforward in all I've said. I don't play politics, I try to help out the club that I enjoy being a member of. What do you do other than mouth off on internet forums?

Old 12-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #122
Lucille
Justin, I'm by far not the only one questioning the role of your organization. Nice try to take the focus off of that, it won't work.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #123
JohnRougeux
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygib9 View Post
I get that he's a member, and by affiliation, some people are wanting to claim the KHS is taking his side. That's not the case, the KHS is trying to stay out of it, hence deletions of posts, etc...
But Justin, he's not just a member, he's an officer. Which means that in fact it DOES reflect poorly on the KHS.

I mean, people on here that have NO affiliation with the KHS is saying the same thing!

If you REALLY believe that Ian has an attorney and this will all come out, then you surely have blinders on.

I truly believe Ian does NOT have an attorney. If he does, ask him the name of his attorney. I can't since someone has apparently made it so that I can't post/comment on the KHS Facebook page. He should readily supply the name of his attorney.

If this is a club/society you wish to keep as your favorite, then I would think that you would be all over Ian's butt to resolve this.

Ask yourself, why has Ian supposedly retained an attorney? Usually only the guilty "lawyer up" as they say.

This is the downfall of the KHS, I truly believe. And I think the membership should be duly informed of the actions of one of their officers. I'll be there at the January meeting to do this.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #124
JohnRougeux
Quote:
Honestly, I'm the webmaster for the KHS, it'd take a vote to suspend his position, and I don't hold the reins of the club. That'd be a Presidential decision.
Reading this, do you REALLY think Will would suspend him?

Will is the KING of the "good ole boys" club

Old 12-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #125
jaygib9
I'm sorry that some of you are holding this against the KHS, I truly am. Nice way to throw more accusations Lucille, go back to trolling on ESPN, they like trolls there. Ian told me he has a lawyer, I have no reason to doubt him. It's between the two of them, just because I consider Ian a friend don't mean it's my place to do anything other than try to protect the KHS. They can resolve it themselves without my involvement other than to back the KHS. The meetings are open to the public, you're more than welcome to attend.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #126
jaygib9
As I said on page 8 "On that picture of Wills response, which was November 20th, which was when Sarah sent a very long letter to Ian, I see no specific names or situations being mentioned. It appears to be a response to a generic comment. I can't speak for Will or anyone else, but this could easily be taken out of context and assigned to this specific situation without the people responding even knowing the full story at the time of their response."

Old 12-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #127
jaygib9
Take things how you will, I'm standing by the KHS. I'm guessing the law will sort this out, then we'll see where to go from there.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #128
JohnRougeux
Justin,
I truly wish the KHS wasn't involved. We don't need this BS and instead, we need to unite against something like the HSUS. Instead, we have an OFFICER of the KHS being accused of taking snakes, not returning snakes, charging for keeping them, etc.

Ideally a person being accused would come here and say, no, that's not correct, here are the facts.
OR, say, yeah, I was wrong, sorry. Here are the snakes..or worst case...sorry, the snakes died.

That is what defines a person. Their moral code would tell them that they need to make things right, even if they were wrong. To "lawyer up" is nothing more than saying "hey, I can't explain what happened so I'm going to pay this person to speak for me". The lawyer is PAID to represent Ian in the best light, not mediate.

The BEST way for the KHS to protect itself is to SUSPEND Ian until this matter is resolved! It's that simple! And if Will, Phil, Kathy, and now Chris can't see that...then geez...I don't know what to tell you.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #129
JohnRougeux
Quote:
Take things how you will, I'm standing by the KHS. I'm guessing the law will sort this out, then we'll see where to go from there.
If you ever find out the lawyer's name, let me know. I want to be able to use them too one day if needed. I mean...heck they must really be desperate for business.

And people wonder why our legal system is screwed up.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #130
laterob
I think this is a lose-lose for KHS.

First, there's nothing to really be 'mediated'. What are they going to do...share custody? There is no 'middle ground' or 'median'.

1. Lawyer sides with Ian. Possession is 9/10 of the law, after all. Sarah doesn't have enough proof. Ian wins, people still think he's shady and KHS, too, by extension.

2. Lawyer sides with Sarah. Ian loses, KHS loses.

What am I missing?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!