Bad Guy Ian Curtis - Stolen African House Snakes - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-11-2013, 03:59 AM   #51
SincereArtisan
I will be happy to, I just need to collect the screenshots. I made this response tonight via my iPhone.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:10 AM   #52
Dennis Hultman
Just seeking clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
I contacted Ian in an effort to persuade him to at least contact Sarah and resolve the issue. Ian was very combative, dismissive and insulting with his responses. I'm not going to post the majority of our conversation due to profanity, but one thing that is apparent is that Ian cannot keep his stories straight. Sarah has maintained that Nobody was present when she handed the snakes over to Ian.....Ian says otherwise. So far, Ian has claimed that at least three people were present/eye witnesses at the transaction. One of those people was a fellow named Chris Barmore, who is going to be appointed the President/VP of the KHS soon along with Ian (I'm not sure who will hold which position, but it seems like Chris would be president based on how he speaks)....I've been friendly with Chris before, so I sent him a message on FB inquiring about Ian's claims that he was there. As you can see, even Ian's buddies are not corroborating his lies.
David, Did Ian state that Chris was there in another part of the conversation that wasn't in that screenshot?

I see where he stated that they could vouch for him but nothing about being there.
Looks like he is stating that they can vouch for him as a good person or something along those lines.

Switching Hats

You missed one profanity in that screenshot. Please be more careful.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #53
markpulawski
Sarah I know you said this is not a reflection of the KHS but appointing Ian VP while this is unresolved is pretty telling of the ethics of those that are seemingly going to be appointed as officers of this group. There is no way this incident can not reflect and reflect very poorly on those running the KHS that they are above the law and will do as they please.
I hope you get your snakes back but as you suspect it is likely Ian does not even have them all anymore. I have been involved in several breeding loans and outside of death all of my animals have been returned to me on request. Good luck and I hope that those named ultimately end up doing the right thing.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #54
JohnRougeux
He already is an officer with the KHS...

Unfortunately it gives KY and the KHS a black eye when something like this happens and they do nothing to resolve it.

Sarah, Justin Gibson (not sure who he is...was it Gibs on the KHS board?) said he will private message Ian to see if he'll get it straightened out.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #55
JohnRougeux
I made another post at KHS. Please let me know if this was too much? Probably will be deleted anyway, but I did take screen shots this time.

Hopefully with enough pressure, Ian will step up and be a man and resolve this.

http://www.petsgaloreky.com/kyherpso...php?f=5&t=2425

Old 12-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #56
deedeeiam
I know people on the BOI seem to loathe legal action. But at this point, I'd probably contact Legal Aid for assistance or simply call the cops and report stolen property.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #57
markpulawski
It would be hard for Sarah to prove theft to the police since she handed the snakes over to ian on breeding loan, without some sort of signed document it's his word against hers and since he has them, I don't see him being charged with anything. He is however losing his reputation, maybe he does not care but if it were me and I were right I would be here defending myself.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #58
deedeeiam
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpulawski View Post
It would be hard for Sarah to prove theft to the police since she handed the snakes over to ian on breeding loan, without some sort of signed document it's his word against hers and since he has them, I don't see him being charged with anything.
Maybe. She has pictures and posts about the snakes. She has her chat logs in all of this. Ian would have to produce a bill of sale for the animals, or show some record of giving funds to OP. Either way, the cops will go knock on his door and request to see the snakes in question and will be able to take pictures. The point would not be to have him charged with anything, but to get eyes on the snakes.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #59
JohnRougeux
I think that the police would say it was more of a civil matter.

The incoming president of KHS Chris Barmore told me in a message that he's been trying to act as an intermediary between the two.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #60
rcarichter
I'd be very surprised if the snakes were still there. I just can't imagine someone letting his reputation go bad just to keep a few snakes. It just doesn't make any sense.

Noelle

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!