Bad Guy Ian Curtis - Stolen African House Snakes - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #81
DavidBeard
Ian just made this post on the KHS Facebook page.....I don't think I'm alone in the immediate "BS" redflags that are popping up.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #82
Mooing Tricycle
https://www.facebook.com/pages/KHS-K...y/334906045836

Tell them what you think...

Old 12-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #83
DavidBeard
It is apparent that the KHS wants no part of this issue.....all of my posts (which were cordial) about the subject have been deleted and the official statement from the upcoming President is as follows:

Old 12-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #84
DavidBeard
As it turns out, only a couple posts have been deleted.....not all of them. They were not showing up on my phone for some reason.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #85
rcarichter
So, there is a lawyer taking a case for $200 worth of mice and heat lamps? And he is going to notify all parties involved? Sarah, would you please let us know when you receive notification?
I think everyone here would put family before snakes, or mouse lawyers, or checking the forum daily, or the other activities that you're posting on FB. If you truly suffered a loss, I am honestly sorry. You may find people are skeptical, as tragedies often occur this deep into a thread.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #86
DavidBeard
I'm wondering what "parties" are going to be notified by his alleged lawyer and, if I am one of those parties, how he plans on doing that without my mailing address? lol

Old 12-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #87
Mooing Tricycle
David, you haven't done anything wrong that I can see. If anything this would come as petty theft and go to small claims court. This guy has pretty much stolen these snakes, or at least is holding them hostage ( if he even still has them...) and changed the agreed upon terms to suit his own delusional idea of whats right and wrong. plain and simple. He is in the wrong in the eyes of normal society.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #88
Ron Allen
The cowardly KHS is censoring posts at a rapid pace on their facebook page FYI. Seems they are circling the wagons to protect Ian.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #89
Dennis Hultman
I thought he was exited about and then busy getting pepper sprayed the last 18 hours instead of dealing with a death?

As to trying to resolve this, It appears he ignored almost all messages from July until November. Then when she asked for her snakes back he didn't respond either. After a week Sarah posted on a forum and then he finally responded.

I think that is quite telling. He didn't try to resolve anything in that time period and admitted he read the messages but he didn't respond. Stating "It had only been a week since the last message"

He didn't correct any earlier messages about the amount of snakes he had of hers. She clearly stated "her snakes" throughout the earlier messages he ignored. Only after she asked for them returned.

When he finally responded he stated you will do what I state and what I want as where to meet and discuss the situation.

Hardly professional. He then goes on to state I heard many bad things about you like he has a ace in his pocket. The bad things? She took light bulbs out of a ex boyfriend's house? Are you kidding me?

Hardly a person to confront a situation head on. Even if this is a misunderstanding over a "breeding loan", this wasn't handled well at all.

So what's a fact here by what has been presented.

Sarah contacted him to ask how her snakes are doing. Ian ignored her for months.

She then contacted him to return the snakes. He ignored her request.

She then posted on a forum and then Ian went, Whoa! I wanted to talk to you in private. I only ignored you this time for week. When would that be?

How did he try to resolve this again?

While I can understand private vs the herp society business and I can understand how some might not want to drawl conclusions of what the original deal was, it isn't hard to see how poorly this was handled.

He ignored all requests for months. He ignored her request for the snakes back. He accused her of being unsavory type of person because he heard rumors she ran off with light bulbs.

What a guy. I bet he will address problems and concerns in a timely manner both in business and for the herp society.
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #90
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Allen View Post
The cowardly KHS is censoring posts at a rapid pace on their facebook page FYI. Seems they are circling the wagons to protect Ian.
Inclined to agree. The fact that they are not revoking his chance at VP unless he rectifies this speaks volumes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!