V. Dumerlii anyone????? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-26-2015, 05:23 AM   #1
Tempest666
Question V. Dumerlii anyone?????

Does anyone keep v. dumerlii? I acquired one about a month and a half ago and information out there on them is scanty. I was told that she's a female and most likely WC.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:38 AM   #2
Edwardo
Hi,
I dont keep a dumerlii, but their basic captive husbandry is the same as any other monitor.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:24 PM   #3
Otto Glott
Edited.

Any more disruptive off-topic, harassing comments in the discussion forums or classifieds, you will find yourself out of here for a much longer time.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:22 PM   #4
Pmsayi
I haven't kept a dumerils monitor in quite some time but the husbandry routine I followed was as follows:

Enclosure: 2' x 6' x 2' (W x L x H)
Day time basking spot temp: 95-98 (Helix controlled but I did notice fluctuation)
Cool side temp: 72-74
Night time temp:72-74
Substrate: Cypress Mulch
Water: Large water container with 4-6 inches of water changed twice a day. They love to soak and swim. I also allowed mine to utilize a bathtub at times for swimming.
Lighting: When I was keeping monitors full spectrum was considered to be necessary and was provided.
Cage furniture: Mine utilized rocks and climbing apparatus and occasionally a hide box.
Diet: crickets, mealworms, small f/t rats, mice, eggs, boiled ground turkey, on occasion feeder fish in the water container.
Supplementation: I got loaded feeder insects and dusted them with herptivite and repcal.

I handled mine pretty regularly and found him to be good natured. I have been around several through out the years as well and all that I have been exposed to have also had good temperament. They can be pretty active when handled as well as in general and may scratch you trying to climb up you but it's not intentional. They don't get very large total length on mine was about four feet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!