No contact from USARK? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:32 PM   #1
AbsoluteApril
No contact from USARK?

When Andrew Wyatt left USARK and (I assume) took off with their email list, I no longer get emails from USARK (a lot of us that were USARK members received emails from his new organization soliciting membership).

I've logged on USARK but don't see a way to check current membership status (if someone knows how, please share!). I don't receive emails from USARK alerting that membership is due for renewal. I don't see newsletters any longer. I've tried contacting them via the contact page on their website, no response.

Anyone else having the same issues? How can I get in contact with USARK?
-April

Old 08-09-2016, 02:40 PM   #2
DLenaRuth999s
I've only been a snake owner since Feb 2016, so please be kind. I first heard USARK mentioned on our sister site, cornsnakes.com. I've been remiss in joining and do need to get on it, but I just saw your post... Isn't Wyatt the founder? Why did he leave? Were there problems we should know about ? Is there a new organization or a competing organization?

Old 08-09-2016, 02:51 PM   #3
DLenaRuth999s
I just read a thread further down about Wyatt, USARK and Lacey. I need to start educating myself.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:03 PM   #4
Sofia
I emailed them months ago and never got a reply. I did receive a t-shirt when I joined but no note with it. I was hoping that being a USARK member would be more exciting and educational than this.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:34 AM   #5
Reptiles 101
I will be at the reptile super show this weekend, i can ask them about the email situation and not getting back to members.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:07 AM   #6
bcr229
I've seen updates and alerts posted on Facebook. I don't recall ever signing up for their email list.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:01 PM   #7
USARK Agent
A member directed us to this thread, so we'll try to resolve any issues. First, our apologies if we've missed some emails but we do our best to respond to all inquiries and concerns. There is always a chance an email may not have gone through, so if the first goes unanswered, it's always a good idea to try a second time. We also occasionally cannot respond to emails sent through our website as the sender may have entered his/her email incorrectly so we cannot reply.

We cannot rehash what happened in January 2013, but there were certainly problems. If newsletters were discontinued, it certainly was not done by USARK. Anyone desiring to be on our email list can do so in about 10 seconds. On the right side of the page at www.USARK.org, there is a simple form. You simply type your email address and state, then hit "Subscribe." Members should also be signed up automatically after joining.

We can check the status of memberships with an email to Contact@usark.org. Memberships are annual, so once we get the date of original membership, dues should be renewed then. We appreciate all members.

All newsletters are posted on our homepage for those who would like to catch up. We also have many educational and entertaining posts on our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/UnitedStates...ReptileKeepers.

Have a good day.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:24 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
I've tried 3 times using the contact page on the website. I've also renewed membership so my email should be in your database but I do not receive any newsletters or notices of time for renewal. Does USARK even send out reminders about renewing?

I will re-subscribe again and send an email to Contact@usark.org (again). I can PM you my email address directly if that helps? I just want to find out when my membership is due as I believe it has expired.

I am not on facebook.

Thank you for your assistance.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:48 PM   #9
DLenaRuth999s
I went to their website earlier today to get a membership and a msg popes up telling me there was a problem and to contact administration. I can't do that until after work. I'm in parent meetings and doing this between parents. (Lol)

Old 08-10-2016, 06:53 PM   #10
USARK Agent
April,

You should have an email from us. We're sorry your previous emails did not go through and our email includes more details.

Darlene,

The website update should be complete (which caused the issue you mentioned). We've seen your message here so no need to send an email. However, if you get that error message again the next time you try, then please do send an email to contact@USARK.org.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!