More cresties! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-30-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
Nagini
More cresties!

I had a guy cut me a good deal on cresteds he wanted to get rid of. When they arrived, I was stunned. They were beautiful! He described the as mixed from his groups. They're all so pretty. One is almost solid blood red, and one looks like it'll turn really green. They're all 4-5 weeks and should color up more, but what do you guys think they are morph wise?

The first one looks like an olive tiger, to me anyway. Each pic is of a different crestie:

Old 11-30-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
KHGeckos
very cute cresties. im thinking about getting some, you just persuaded me even more, lol.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:11 PM   #3
Nagini
lol they're definatly worth it, they're so darn cute! I was kind of getting out of lizards, but geckos and beardies are still my top lizards so I will be keeping atleast 1 pair of beardies and some geckos

Old 11-30-2007, 09:37 PM   #4
Playnwifsnot
Well do remember, unlike the cresties, you need to keep the males and females seperate, and breeding them are alot more effort, ie you need an incubator, several tanks(I would suggest no more than 5 babies per 20 gallon tank) not to mention these guys eat 50+ crickets a day. Usually you dont make a ton off of beardie babies unless you go with the higher colors.

Your first one is a very cute tiger, but I personally think it will probably color up yellow.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:57 PM   #5
Nagini
Yeah, thats why I dont really want to breed many beardies. as for the cresties, I have TONS of tanks, so many it isnt even funny. I'll eventually be switching over to all visions so I can stack them though

Old 12-02-2007, 10:08 AM   #6
Playnwifsnot
I am considering getting a rack system for when I get more into the cresties, at the moment everyone is in tanks and critter cages, but I am tired of having aquariums everywhere, would be nice to have 1 aquarium, the 75 my beardie is in

I was able to get a better pic of Olivia my green tiger, it almost shows her fired up colors...lol I just cant seem to get the green she shows e to sho up on my camera, but none the less its a better pic than the other one I showed you.
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2007, 01:15 AM   #7
Nagini
She's really pretty!

Sadly the red baby died today, working out with the breeder on getting a refund for it T_T that was my fav baby too

Old 12-04-2007, 07:27 AM   #8
Playnwifsnot
Sadly, sometimes that does happen. thankfully none of my cresties have died except for one I was trying to save ,he got out of the tank at work and got hit by a floor buffer, ripped his leg off and his tail, got him on meds, and he was eating OK, but 2 weeks later he still died.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #9
Nagini
aww thats sad. I had someting like that happen with an iguana. I bought her from a pet store because she looked so sad, they were feeding her some kind of meat paste, she was covered in mites, had a scab on her elbow and was skin and bones. Got her home, treated her for mites and suddenly the elbow and leg swelled up to 3 times what it should. I pulled the scab off and it was full of pus. I cleaned it out dayly, used neosporin and force fed her, gave her water with an eye dropper. I soon took her to a vet, he said she had a broken leg that had just healed and that she was now fine. She gained weight, became a great little lizard, then dropped her tail one night. my dad ran out at 12 am to get iodine, we stopped the bleeding, wrapped the wound with more neosporin and bandages. Her tail grew back almost to full length, then we suddenly found her dead one morning.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!