Good Guy Dan Scolaro DTS Reptiles - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #71
Iraqvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
If your opinion of smooth and good is a missexed animal, that has to be returned, resulting in the death of said animal, we are not going to get anywhere. You have said your piece, now it seems like you are baiting with your comments about Dan and the BOI.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:30 AM   #72
DAND
Quote:
If your opinion of smooth and good is a missexed animal, that has to be returned, resulting in the death of said animal, we are not going to get anywhere.
If there was ever a definition for this smilie there never was. Sounds like a great deal to me, where do I sign up? Can I pay for my own return shipping too? (granted he did step up and pay the shipping, it never should have come to this in the first place had he sent the proper animal the first time, that was just a at the individual who offered to pay )

Quote:
You have said your piece, now it seems like you are baiting with your comments about Dan and the BOI.
You are going to need a bigger boat fishing these waters.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #73
MikeCurtin
Ah, yes....this is more along the lines of what I expect from a Solaro thread.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #74
Southern Wolf
What Im not understanding and Dave touched on it a bit... why is it when Dan does something that he should be doing anyways he is labeled a good guy. That doesn't make him a good guy.... that make your round at Russian Roullette (sp?) a winner. You didnt get

Dan has showed his true side on here time and time again. Why would anyone want to take that chance? When it comes to problems he doesn't hand them professionally. He handles them like a kindergartner

Maybe Dan is finally trying to change with the way he handled this transaction... but I will need to see ALOT more proof of that before I believe that. Especially with the way he came after me on here just because I said I wouldn't spend my money with him because of the way he acted here.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:39 PM   #75
kyryah
I agree 100%.

It is easy to have a good transaction. All you have to do is what is expected of you as a seller.

It takes actual work to be a bad seller. You have to refuse to make things right, call your customer names, never take responsibility for your mistakes and in general be a jerk. In my case, I don't feel that I was in the wrong asking for a $30 refund. The tortoise cost me $65. I was asking for less than HALF. You saw how he got about it. Was it really that big of a deal? You know, the biggest difference I see is that if Dan would have made good with me, I WOULD have been a repeat customer. He would have made more money off me. But to say, I sent you a sick animal, but I will give you a price break on the next (potentially sick!!!) animal that you give me money for is RIDICULOUS.

Bad experiences far outweigh the good in my opinion. Dan has shown repeatedly that if things go good, he is okay to work with. But if there is a mistake in your order, be prepared to be told it is your fault, not his, called names, and harassed (I love how HE does the repeated emailing and name calling, but then accuses others of harassing him!)

A good seller would be able to accept their mistakes, and make it right no matter what.

How I feel is that the people that defend Dan are saying, "I had a good transaction, so it doesn't matter to me that he treated you like crap." That isn't fair. Even if Dan recently stepped up to the plate and did what was right for once, he still has left a trail of people that he has abused. One good transaction simply DOES NOT make all the bad ones go away.

I have an honest question, to which I want honest answers. All of you sellers out there - if you had sent me a tortoise, and even if its eyes were clear when it was mailed, and it arrived to me less than 24 hours later with swollen eyes, and all I asked for was a $30 refund, what would you do? Was I out of line in asking for that money?

Old 08-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #76
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyryah View Post
I have an honest question, to which I want honest answers. All of you sellers out there - if you had sent me a tortoise, and even if its eyes were clear when it was mailed, and it arrived to me less than 24 hours later with swollen eyes, and all I asked for was a $30 refund, what would you do? Was I out of line in asking for that money?

No...

Old 08-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #77
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyryah View Post
IF I knew it was the same animal I shipped out... you'd have your money.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #78
kyryah
Plain and simple - I had no Russians before I got 4 from Dan. I have nothing to back that up, of course, except 1500 posts on www.tortoiseforum.org

Claiming that I took pictures of an animal I already had, other than the one Dan sent me is exactly what Dan tried to do.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #79
Babyeater
well

I just purchased 2 egg eaters from him and he actually sent me 3. id say thats fantastic service dont you think. theyre all healthy, no mites spots etc ive had them for a week and a half so far getting them eggs tomorrow since itll be their 2 week feeding time soon.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #80
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyeater View Post
I just purchased 2 egg eaters from him and he actually sent me 3. id say thats fantastic service dont you think. theyre all healthy, no mites spots etc ive had them for a week and a half so far getting them eggs tomorrow since itll be their 2 week feeding time soon.
I'd say "fantastic" IF you knew ahead of time the extra snake was coming. If the third snake was a surprise....as pleasant as YOU might find that behavior, I consider it to be extremely inappropriate and irresponsible to send live animals to someone who is not expecting to take on that responsibility. If someone were to send me a surprise extra snake at this time, I'd be in a very serious jam and it would piss me off considerably.

Of course Dan has some deals that go as they should. I don't think that's ever been in doubt. The problem is, he also has plenty of deals that DON'T go as they should, and when that happens, he treats his customers like crap. I'm happy for you that you got lucky....but that doesn't make Dan a person I'd ever choose to do business with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!