Bad Guy Joseph Burleigh Needs to be REMOVED from posting to anyone's classifieds! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #31
reticguy76
just read this, what exactly is this thread actually about and why was it started ??

Old 06-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #32
Suncoast Herpetological
No offense meant Ryan but if you just read the thread then you know as much as the rest of us

Old 06-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #33
gofrwrd
I sent this guy a Pm regarding a sales ad in the classifieds he had, expressing my opinion of his ad. He got quite upset and did all he could to insult and discredit me, started this thread, didnt get his way, and decided to punish us all by promptly removing himself from Fauna altogether lol! I admit that my PM did appear a bit childish ( my opening statement to him ) but it was my opinion regarding his tactics and advertising and I will stand firm on my opinion no matter what anyone says. Diplomacy is not allways a strong suit for me. Sorry for the disturbance.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #34
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofrwrd View Post
I sent this guy a Pm regarding a sales ad in the classifieds he had, expressing my opinion of his ad. He got quite upset and did all he could to insult and discredit me, started this thread, didnt get his way, and decided to punish us all by promptly removing himself from Fauna altogether lol! I admit that my PM did appear a bit childish ( my opening statement to him ) but it was my opinion regarding his tactics and advertising and I will stand firm on my opinion no matter what anyone says. Diplomacy is not allways a strong suit for me. Sorry for the disturbance.
While I have already stated that the OP's reaction was way out of proportion to the offense, you were definitely out of line

A tried and true saying:

"Opinions are like buttholes...everyone has one. However most people don't drop their pants and play show and tell unless asked"

Diplomacy, and the ability to think before you speak, is a wonderful thing in moderation.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #35
hhmoore
Quote:
I was offended at the whole long winded story of how rare they were, and how hard to produce they were, ( he mentioned bad clutches ) like these were the elusive jewel of snakes. How big they get in the first year ( yet they looked like they were still in hatchling tubs) and that they were a steal at the price he was asking for them.
Was this all in his ad, or was there some other communication?

Old 06-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #36
reticguy76
i was more being sarcastic, but a little bit of truth with my post. for some reason, i missed that the op was inquiring about animals for sale, and then that is how opinions between them and their animals came about.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:29 AM   #37
gofrwrd
Quote:
I was offended at the whole long winded story of how rare they were, and how hard to produce they were, ( he mentioned bad clutches ) like these were the elusive jewel of snakes. How big they get in the first year ( yet they looked like they were still in hatchling tubs) and that they were a steal at the price he was asking for them.
Was this all in his ad, or was there some other communication?
Harald H Moore GGC #121
KBI Herpetoculture
http://www.kbiherp.com

It was all in reference to his ad. He changed another ad AFTER someone called him out on his reds being " the best he's ever seen". This from someone with 30 years of Snake Keeping. I don't care what others say about this ( you ARE entitled to your opinion ) but that kind of Bologna just offends me, Frankly it pisses me off. I like my snakes, average or high end, i wont push them as anything but what they are.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:46 PM   #38
Mistyck
I thought we were grown adults here... But I guess not.

If you don't have anything nice to say to someone, then don't say anything at all.

If you don't like what you're reading from someone, then discontinue reading it and delete it.

Now because your ads aren't being monitored (which apparently you didn't bother reading the note on the classifieds section about no one being allowed to post replies in classifieds anymore...), you're going to pack up your bags; like a small child throwing a tantrum; and leave? That's real mature on your part. But best of luck to you out there.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:30 AM   #39
29Snakes
All I have to say about reading all this is that, Suncoast Herp, the quote about buttholes is classic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!