OMG! Going Downhill FAST! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #11
LakesideBoas
Gosh, Steve, I hope you find out what that is and a treatment for it. He looks so miserable. I bet you are too.

Keeping fingers (and toes) crossed for both of you.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #12
Fedawg
Steve Are you going to Tufts?

Old 09-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #13
hhmoore
Quote:
Manipulating the lump for the biopsy, and the injecting of the needle for the biopsy maybe made a path to between the skin layers
That was my first guess - that it was contained until they messed with it, and poked a hole in it...now it is spreading.
Somehow, I continue to be surprised to see Fortaz prescribed as a sole treatment. Not that it isn't a good drug by itself, but because the response is often so much better when it is administered with an aminoglycoside. It's also got a seriously limited shelf life once reconstituted, and it seems that information is never passed along.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #14
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
That was my first guess - that it was contained until they messed with it, and poked a hole in it...now it is spreading.
Somehow, I continue to be surprised to see Fortaz prescribed as a sole treatment. Not that it isn't a good drug by itself, but because the response is often so much better when it is administered with an aminoglycoside. It's also got a seriously limited shelf life once reconstituted, and it seems that information is never passed along.
3 months if FROZEN is all you get out of it.
24 hours if at room temp.
The shelf life for this stuff is very short once you mix it.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #15
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedawg
Steve Are you going to Tufts?
Going to try to. I'll have to see how it goes.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #16
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
that it was contained until they messed with it, and poked a hole in it...now it is spreading.
Great minds think alike.
Thi sis what I think happened as well. They didn't know what it was, started poking around in there, and now it spread all over.
Less than a week to blow up like that? Way too fast IMO.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:54 PM   #17
Mooing Tricycle
oh my god steve......

GOOD LUCK SNAKIE!!! my goodness.... i hope he does alright.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:57 PM   #18
darkbloodwyvern
:(

good luck! i hope he gets better soon!

Old 09-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #19
jasballs
Wow! Steve, Have you contacted any of the big breeders for there opinions? They may know more then your vet does? Best of luck Man!!

Old 09-08-2008, 07:09 PM   #20
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs
Wow! Steve, Have you contacted any of the big breeders for there opinions? They may know more then your vet does? Best of luck Man!!
I'm beginning to think EC knows more than my vet at this point.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!