Pastel without green eyes? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
stevek123
Pastel without green eyes?

I have been told that all pastels have green eyes, and that this is a classic marker for pastels. I recently bought a pastel that looks like a pastel in every way, except the eyes do not look green. They are not black but more on the brownish side. Since I'm nowhere near an expert I thought I would ask a few. He is a brighter color than in the pic's. below.

While I have you here reading, I posted an earlier question about compatibility of cinnys and if different lines (proven lines) when bred together would still produce super's. I have the same question regarding yellow bellies. So if you know me know please and thanks.

Steve
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #2
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek123 View Post
I have been told that all pastels have green eyes, and that this is a classic marker for pastels. I recently bought a pastel that looks like a pastel in every way, except the eyes do not look green. They are not black but more on the brownish side. Since I'm nowhere near an expert I thought I would ask a few. He is a brighter color than in the pic's. below.

While I have you here reading, I posted an earlier question about compatibility of cinnys and if different lines (proven lines) when bred together would still produce super's. I have the same question regarding yellow bellies. So if you know me know please and thanks.

Steve
All Pastels do not have green eyes, light golden or yellow colored and greenish are common but there is variability in pastel eye color.

Not a good idea to breed 2 cinnamons together to produce a super as there is a good chance of defective offspring.

Its highly likely that all true yellowbellies are compatible.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
sjsexotics
does not look like a pastel to me not at all yellow enough just looks like a normal with a junglely type pattern

Old 11-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsexotics View Post
does not look like a pastel to me not at all yellow enough just looks like a normal with a junglely type pattern
Just looks like a not as good quality pastel. But it does certainly look like a pastel to me, with the flames and blushing on the back and head. The flash also killed the color.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
Ed Clark
George Clooney has typical greenish eyes, took him out into the bright sunlight and his eyes clammed up from the strong sunlight. gives you an idea anyways.
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2008, 01:39 PM   #6
deborahbroadus
I tend to disagree with Ed. All Pastels have green eyes, but they do tend to darken a bit as they age. This BP seems to have the faded head.

Perhaps this guide will help: http://www.nextworldexotics.com/hgpas.htm

Old 11-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #7
deborahbroadus
I suggest you hold him in the sunlight and take a pic to get a clearer picture of the eye color. It can be difficult to distinguish the color in dim lighting.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #8
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I suggest you hold him in the sunlight and take a pic to get a clearer picture of the eye color. It can be difficult to distinguish the color in dim lighting.
That is a great idea Deb

Dont use the flash if you can help it. And set your camera to macro, as well if you can. This helps with taking closer pictures.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #9
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I tend to disagree with Ed. All Pastels have green eyes, but they do tend to darken a bit as they age.
How long have you been breeding pastels and how many have you produced?

The reason I ask is because I have been breeding pastels since the first ones surfaced in the early 1990's and have produced hundreds of them and have seen different eye colors in all the different bloodlines.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #10
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
How long have you been breeding pastels and how many have you produced?

The reason I ask is because I have been breeding pastels since the first ones surfaced in the early 1990's and have produced hundreds of them and have seen different eye colors in all the different bloodlines.

If it's a matter of how long one has been breeding them that makes one an expert on what traits they have or don't have..don't take my word for it, use the guide, use the internet, ask around.

Find out from another source exactly what traits a Pastel is noted for having.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!