Pastel without green eyes? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-01-2008, 06:47 PM   #21
Miss Tuniwha
I only had 3 clutches.. um.. ever.. but every single baby had a solid white belly..

Old 11-01-2008, 06:48 PM   #22
stevek123
yep, and this one in question has a clear white belly, thanks Sam and Harold. I don't doubt it's a pastel, I've never seen a normal out of thousands this yellow. I was just questioning that his eyes aren't really green, and I read somewhere that they had to be green to be a pastel. Goes to show can't believe everything you hear and read. I think with all the different pastels out there now that, maybe that was true in the past, but now things are different.

So, back to my question a/b cinnys and YB supers. I love the lighter colored pewters and super cinnys. If I get two grazianni cinny's will there still be a chance of defects making supers? (it's a duckbill defect you are talking a/b yes?) Also....can I breed a blonde or bell pastel to a cinny to make a pewter or does it need to be a black pastel? Sorry to take you all off track here......but thanks.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #23
stevek123
here's the only pic I have handy that shows part of his belly.
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #24
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek123 View Post
yep, and this one in question has a clear white belly, thanks Sam and Harold. I don't doubt it's a pastel, I've never seen a normal out of thousands this yellow. I was just questioning that his eyes aren't really green, and I read somewhere that they had to be green to be a pastel. Goes to show can't believe everything you hear and read. I think with all the different pastels out there now that, maybe that was true in the past, but now things are different.

So, back to my question a/b cinnys and YB supers. I love the lighter colored pewters and super cinnys. If I get two grazianni cinny's will there still be a chance of defects making supers? (it's a duckbill defect you are talking a/b yes?) Also....can I breed a blonde or bell pastel to a cinny to make a pewter or does it need to be a black pastel? Sorry to take you all off track here......but thanks.

I have seen Normals very bright and yellow (if you don't doubt, why did you ask?).

Bps that exit the egg early resemble pastels. Coloration and belly patterns are not really (imo) positive indicators. When in doubt..the eyes are the final solution to the answer.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #25
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek123 View Post
here's the only pic I have handy that shows part of his belly.
Were any of the parents a pastel.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #26
Mooing Tricycle
thats a pastel

Old 11-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #27
Miss Tuniwha
granted no blushing.. but here is a normal with a lot of yellow..

and a pure white belly

Old 11-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #28
Mooing Tricycle
The flash is just washing out the color. Absoluely 100% A pastel. I bet a free pastel if i have a clutch of them on that conviction.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #29
hhmoore
I wasn't saying that a clear white belly meant it was anything by itself.
Let me ask this, though (real question)....have you seen pastels that didn't have a clear belly?
As far as the snake in question, from the pics - its got ok color, nothing to write home about. I'm not sure what I would call it....so, Ed, you said it wasn't a pastel - why do you say that, and what is it?

Old 11-01-2008, 07:09 PM   #30
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post

Bps that exit the egg early resemble pastels. Coloration and belly patterns are not really (imo) positive indicators. When in doubt..the eyes are the final solution to the answer.
I tend to disagree with this statement, coloration and belly patterns have everything to do with pastels.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!