Will it be ok??? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 02:03 AM   #11
Bob Kite
I use paper towels, dampened, for all of my hatchlings here untill they shed, his color really don't look out of the ordinary to me, its color will change after it sheds a few times regardless.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:40 AM   #12
joseydiann
Ok good, thanks Bob!

Old 07-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #13
gsrept
thats not to bad of a weight i have had babys at 20 grams thrive once you get them to eat. i bought my yellowbelly het ghost female at 25 grams and she is well over 2400grams now and she is only three years old. they are pretty hardy just get them eating and you will be fine.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:25 AM   #14
joseydiann
He is moving better and faster tonight, he IS using his tongue well and stretching his head to the top alot so he seems to be getting more energy!

Thanks Craig, I'm hoping the best for the little thing.

It's belly is soooo empty and flat though, I wish it would have sucked up all that yoke! or wish I could feed him sooner!

Old 07-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #15
snowgyre
Good luck, Amanda, and keep us posted! That sure is a tiny little guy.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #16
SnakeGirl3
If it were me with a baby that small that didn't absorb the yolk like it should have, I would offer it a pinky or fuzzy mouse at the very least--something that can't hurt it,a nd don't leave it in too long, but just try it and see if he's hungry. For normal babies I would definitely wait until after the first shed, but with one that doesn't seem to be full of yolk--I'd try something!

Best of luck, and keep us posted!

Old 07-11-2010, 11:30 PM   #17
dturner100
I don't want to step on anybodies toes but definitely don't offer it food until he sheds. He should shed soon. With your typical 80 gram baby you have a month or so when they've absorbed all or most of their yolk before they get to where it's a real problem. I'd say with this guy if he doesn't eat soon after his first shed it may be a sign he wont make it, but I'd say at his size you can't afford to stress him out before shedding. They pretty much come out of the egg in a pre-shed cycle.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #18
dturner100
Anyway he is a good looking boy ( assuming it's a he ). I've got my fingers crossed for ya Amanda.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:43 PM   #19
SPJ
It should make it for you but it will be tough getting it to thrive.

This one hatched at 29 grams.

Here she is 2 years later at 1000 grams.

Tough getting her to eat regularly and it was hard starting her. I needed day old live pinks which was not easy to locate.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:06 AM   #20
Heart4Dragonz
Good luck, Hope he makes it!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!