Will it be ok??? - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-26-2010, 09:18 AM   #71
Matt2979
I'm not sure how often you're giving her those tiny little mice, but I would offer her a weaned mouse (about 5 weeks old). It may seem HUGE for her, especially considering the ones that you've been feeding her, but she should be ok with it. And she wouldn't need to eat as often. I normally offer my new hatchlings a mouse from 6-7 weeks old as their first meal. If they don't take it, or act intimidated, then I offer something a little smaller.

She seems to be doing great! Congrats on that and keep up posted!!

Old 07-26-2010, 01:16 PM   #72
Melinda
Look at the lack of keyholes on little Willow! very pretty.

As long as she is kept warm she should have no trouble eating 3 pinky's or larger mice. I'm thinking the lack of hair on the mice is helping her digestion process. Perhaps a couple more meals of the pinks and then start moving her up in size to fuzzy's and then mice with more hair. Or if you plan to get her on rats, see if she would take a rat pink now.

And those boxies are too cute!

Old 07-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #73
joseydiann
Lol I just looked over at the rats born yesterday and that's just not happening they are so huge compared to her.. All I have in the freezer is pinkies and fuzzies, and if she can manage to take down a fuzzie at her size then WOW.

But yeah I'll give it a try, thanks!

Yeah the boxies are cuties... TY!

Old 07-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #74
joseydiann
Oh and she is only eating the pinkies one at a time on different days I think it was like 3 days apart each time, something like that.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:22 PM   #75
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseydiann View Post
Oh and she is only eating the pinkies one at a time on different days I think it was like 3 days apart each time, something like that.
LOL...I swear I didn't think you were giving her 3 at a time!!! But yeah, I think Melinda had a great point about waiting until she got a little bigger to give her food with hair. I keep forgetting just how TINY she still is!! Cute little booger!

And I'm definitely not a "turtle person", but those guys coming out of their shells are adorable!

Old 07-27-2010, 12:11 AM   #76
dturner100
Quote:

BINGOOOOOOO! We have a winner lol..

Her eyes were glazed or grey yesterday then this evening she was shedding, it took her right at humm 14 days so 2 weeks old I guess..

Also she took another pinkie as soon as I dropped it in there.

She is up to 33 grams now I'm pretty excited for her. I must be doing something right!

Thanks for the help guys, here are the pics Bob..

You can see some of the skin on her neck up high..

Pinkie she ate tonight and the liter she was beside when she hatched.

33 grams

Tehee me little Willow!!

She is laying on her pile of skin there lol..

Amanda
I'm just trying to be helpful, but at the same time you should remember that subduing prey takes a bit of energy so frequent small meals may be slowing her growth a bit. By the picture comparison she could easily handle a mouse 2 or 3 times the size of that pinky with no problem. I feed hatchling corns pinky mice, and they're not 20+ grams.

I know the fuzzy and hoppers look huge, but the reason snakes eat meals 1x to 1.5x the girth of their body or approx. 1/5th of their body weight is to preserve energy until their next meal. Feeding smaller frequent meals actually becomes a form of negative caloric intake meaning that they nearly burn more calories by eating it than they gain. That's probably an over statement here but not by far.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:54 AM   #77
joseydiann
She did eat a large fuzzie, but I missed it that time. I wanted to watch her eat it!

Old 07-28-2010, 02:05 AM   #78
Abby
I have little 15 gram KSB's who can take a fuzzy May seem huge, but glad to hear she took one for you! She's SO adorable! I love the size comparison pics, really puts perspective on how little she is.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:07 AM   #79
joseydiann
Yeah she is 40 grams today, she seems to be coming right along and gaining pretty fast.. I just love her to death..

Old 07-28-2010, 06:22 AM   #80
Abby
Quote:
Yeah she is 40 grams today, she seems to be coming right along and gaining pretty fast.. I just love her to death..
That's awesome!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!