Way too cool. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #31
Matt2979
Y'all must have better flashlights and/or eyes than me! The only thing that I discovered by taking out my 2 clutches that are due in just over a week, was that I lost one of my six eggs from my mojo girl. Very glad that I least found it, before it had a chance to damage the rest. That one BETTER NOT have been one of my lucy's!!! ...where are my scissors????

Old 07-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #32
snakesRkewl
We saw pattern in our eggs and then some didn't have pattern but we definitely saw the snakes body and was like hmmm...3 Lucy's later I know why we didn't see pattern on a few of the eggs.
We use a 9 led mini mag to candle with, bright as heck

Fingers crossed for you Matt

Old 07-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #33
Tere Salazar
By any wild chance, do any of you have any pictures of candling any "normals" or anything with an other than spider? Maybe the babies just weren't positioned where they needed to be for us to see any pattern, I don't know. Or maybe it's just inexperience...but the spiders were all we could tell (and I know the others aren't non-patterned snakes). It'd be nice to have something to reference.

Sandy, I'm going to go recheck your threads because I know you had a lot of candling pics and video...and some "normals".

Old 07-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #34
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
Y'all must have better flashlights and/or eyes than me! The only thing that I discovered by taking out my 2 clutches that are due in just over a week, was that I lost one of my six eggs from my mojo girl. Very glad that I least found it, before it had a chance to damage the rest. That one BETTER NOT have been one of my lucy's!!! ...where are my scissors????
Oh, no, Matt! Fingers crossed it wasn't.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #35
reddragon36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
Surefire is the only way to go with a flashlight. Turn it on for 3 seconds and you have to change the battery. As for the eyes I am a really blind guy, can't see much with out the coke bottles in from of my eyes.

Sorry for your loss, hopefully it was not one of the lucy's.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #36
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
We saw pattern in our eggs and then some didn't have pattern but we definitely saw the snakes body and was like hmmm...3 Lucy's later I know why we didn't see pattern on a few of the eggs.
We use a 9 led mini mag to candle with, bright as heck

Fingers crossed for you Matt
It may be the flashlight. The one we use is a Surefire...military issue. Blindingly bright.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #37
KY Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere Salazar View Post
And Kelly, I guess that's okay. But you can't blame a girl for trying, right? LOL!
These next two weeks are gonna drive me crazy. I wanna see if I'm right soooo bad! But I see 3 butters - one I believe is a black back (father is a genetic black back butter), the other a nice banded butter, maybe a black pastel or two and I'm not sure... But I think there's a spider in there after seeing your pics. Which if I'm right I'm totally happy about, meant my boy sneaked a breeding or two in. (I only ever saw him lock with my cinny). So its either a spider or the mom passed her unique pattern. I was actually hoping for a YB or two from this girl, but that's okay.

Of course I could be totally wrong about what I see. Time will tell. This is my first year trying to candle and see what's inside.

Also, Matt that really sucks. I hope that wasn't your bel!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 12:27 PM   #38
Tere Salazar
Wow, Kelly...you saw all that? CONGRATULATIONS! And, um, where are the pictures?

Hm. I think it's time to start some serious candling sessions with what's incubating. You up for that, babe?

Matt, where'd you go? You've got us all sitting on the edges of our seats.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #39
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere Salazar View Post
Matt, where'd you go? You've got us all sitting on the edges of our seats.
Wasn't even thinking about cutting the bad egg...'til I saw this question. Don't know what it was, but it was it was BAD!! Really wish I hadn't done that! lol

Old 07-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #40
Tere Salazar
Um, ew! Sorry, Matt. Now go wash your hands!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!