Post pics of your home snake room! - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #101
cguarino30
My room is in the corner of my basement. It is probably about 16x28. It consists of snakes, lizards, and fish. The first two shots are of the "display area" the one cage is a 12x4 and 8 feet high. It currently houses two adult male tegus (one red and one b&w). They are currently hibernating, so no pictures.

The other shot is of the display wall that partitions off the rest of the room. My Breeding Quad of Sailfin Dragons is in the top cage (8x3x4) and my (hopefully) soon to be proven breeding quad of Merauke Blue Tongue Skinks is in the bottom (8x2x2)
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #102
cguarino30
In the center of the room is half of a Freedom Breeder rack with critter condoz stacked above it. This "rolling island" as I call it, houses my young bull snakes, dubia roaches (in the freedom breeder, it works pretty well) and my bearded dragons.

To the right I have a home made rack with 8 55 gallon tanks on their sides and sliding doors. These house my brazilian rainbows and Jamaican Boas. This is also on casters for easy access when necessary, as this rack probably weighs around 500lbs.

To the left of that rack is a bunch of fish tanks. They are all on a trickle system, so they share the same water, which makes water changes and levels easier to maintain, though each tank also has its own filter. You will see these tanks throughout the rest of the room.

Below the "apartment complex" of small tanks is my hatchling rack. Home made melamine rack with Vision V15 and V18 tubs.

You will also notice some home made cages on the floor under the fish tanks on the left.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #103
cguarino30
sorry, here are those pics.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #104
cguarino30
ok, sorry again, here are the pics for real this time.
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #105
cguarino30
continuing to the left, we have more fish tanks, (and one budgett's frog tank) that empty into a final "water table" made from 2x4 studs. The water table has a pump that pumps the water back up to the top of the system, as well as an automatic overflow pump that pumps directly to the sink. This enables me to simply add new water (on an automatic sprinkler valve) and the system discharges the excess for easy water maintenance.

Below the fish from right to left are hatchling lizard cages, on an automatic misting system for easy drinking and 2 more home made 55 gallon side-cages that hold a proven pair of Black Blood Pythons.

Above the fish are a series of screen cages (I have to use a dehumidifier to maintain humidity at 65%, which is how I get away with using screen cages) that hold mostly crested and leachianus, but also some mourning and day geckos. These cages are also all on the misting system.

Above the "Rhac rack" is the rest of the freedom breeder rack which has been bolted to the wall with tap-cons. These bins hold my adult and sub-adult bull snakes.

To the left of all of that are two home-made incubators. One at 81 and one at 76 for various eggs. These are made from old wine coolers, a zilla heat pad, and a thermostat, and have worked beautifully for everything from corn snakes to sailfin dragons.

Below the incubators is anothe home made rack that houses my female house snakes.

The wall to the left of this is the display wall that holds the sailfins and bluetongues. Below the blue tongues, from right to left, is a 40 gallon tank that I use as an RO water depository (for the misting system), a home made rack with six 36x18x6 tubs for Honduran Milk Snakes, and a 40 gallon "emergency cage" that I use when I need to put someone in time out.

There is also a desk, a sink, a computer, a freezer, a closet full of supplies, and a bunch of other things that aren't worth showing pictures of. Everything is a work in progress, but I think I've added as much to this space as I can without sacrificing practicality, and it definitely keeps me occupied, even with automatic lights (staggered for a more gradual dawn/daybreak effect throughout the room), thermostats (both in the cages and for the room itself), mister, dehumidifier, automatic water changers, etc.

Feel free to ask any questions if I haven't properly explained any of these photos. Thanks for your interest.
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #106
cguarino30
BTW, Danny, I really like that rodent rack curtain idea. Must save you a lot of trouble.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #107
RonzRoyalz
That's a sweet setup you have there Chris.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #108
TexasVipRoom
First off I wish we had basements in Texas! Chris nice setup I really like the huge display! Wish I had the room to entertain the idea of having something like that.

Yeah the curtains work great! I put an exhaust fan in the middle that constantly pulls air and exhausts it out the top of the roof. Everything is pretty well sealed and works great you can access the bins very very very easily without any issues.

Thank you very mucha and back at you! I dig your setup.

I really enjoy seeing everyone else's setups and ideas. It gets me thinkin lol

Old 03-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #109
mgoblue347
Wish I knew you before I moved to Texas Chris!! Just moved from Harleysville, PA if you know where that is, not far from Downingtown at all. Awesome looking setup. Definitely miss having basements.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #110
cguarino30
Thanks all. Yeah, I grew up in PA where basements are pretty much assumed. I moved to North Carolina for a few years and remember it really threw me when I realized that other parts of the country don't have them. I can't imagine life without one. haha.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!